How and where to store my tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am sure it is nothing compared to the volume of tools most of you have, but I have managed to accumumate 3 tool boxes full of tools. I use most of them, but can NEVER find any of them.

I wanted to get a cupboard, or tool storage unit to store them in as digging about in the tool boxes is just so painful now. Does anyone have a good, cheap, soloution for keeping their tools? I was thinking about some sort of Ikea storage boxes, or an old cupboard.

Any tips?

Sponsored Links
are we talking hand tools power tools a mixure
do you have an area or wall you can store hand tools ??

do you have a workshop /work area or is it stored as an when you find space ??

Sponsored Links
brilliant idea to hang the boxes by the lips on the side ;)

do you have a workshop /work area or is it stored as an when you find space ??

I have a sort of cave where all the tools are kept. I can put things on the wall, but I was hoping to avoid drilling into the walls (its a rented house).

Amongst other things I have some old metal multi drawer filing cabinets that are very useful for organising stuff. Bigger than this but you get the idea:

uk_387735_1_std.jpg

I finally found the solution that works for me. IKEA!!
They are not expensive and the system works well. You can have as many as you want, and they do stack one high. They come with attachments to screw them to the wall for safety. And, if you have a few of them, you could put a good worktop over the top of them and make a work bench. Also, there are wheels so they can be portable. The drawers are metal, so quite strong!

Also, because its Ikea, all the parts are sold individually. So, if a drawer breaks you can by a new drawer... not the whole thing.

I just buy three of everything so I can usually find what I'm looking for - eventually.

I just buy three of everything so I can usually find what I'm looking for - eventually.

same here
6 measuring tapes
75 staples pencils
6 note books
3 pairs off glasses
plus lots off hand tools in multiple

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back