how best to split 45 amp 3 ways?

Haven't tried it yet so I might be wrong about time taken but I have to say I'm quite impressed with how induction works.

You need pans with magnetic bases and it seems really quick to heat but I don't know how hot it gets ( which contradicts what I said about time taken but it's from user reviews, not personal experience yet.

Sponsored Links
The car cannot move, there is a boulder in John's way. ... This sort of sentence made me think an apostrophe should have been used in the first sentence - until today.
Indeed. As I said, one 'normally' would use the apostrophe (as in " John's ". It's only because, by convention, " it's " has come to mean "it is" that we don't use the apostrophe in that case (or similar cases).

My old English teacher would have said that it was an issue/'problem' which should never have arisen, because he was passionately opposed to ('sloppy') abbreviations such as " it's " (and responded with physical violence to any of us pupils who used them!) :)

Kind Regards, John

Thank you everyone, I will print these, it's (it has !) helped to understand.

In terms of tails out from original cable run I looked into dual appliance outlets.

Using one of these run one 2.5mm outlet side straight to washing machine plug and other side to cooker switch (only a switch, not a plug combo type) also using 2.5mm cable, then from switch down to 2 sockets.

The existing cooker wire is bigger so it must be 4mm. I'll measure but it is definitely heavier gauge than normal 2.5 socket wire so I assume next size up is 4mm.

Thank you again for the knowledgeable replies, very much appreciated.

Kevin
You need to use 4mm not 2.5mm for sockets if it is on 32a MCB

Nor "his", "hers", "yours", "ours" or "theirs".
Indeed.
However "there's" is a different story. :)
Different, yes, but still essentially consistent with the others. Since "there" is not a noun, adding an "apostophe s" cannot possible be an indication of possession, so " there's " has to be, unambiguously, an abbreviation for "there is".

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Different, yes, but still essentially consistent with the others. Since "there" is not a noun, adding an "apostophe s" cannot possible be an indication of possession, so " there's " has to be, unambiguously, an abbreviation for "there is".
Yes, that is why I said it was a different story - because a lot of people do not know the difference between 'there', 'their' and 'they're' so might be quite likely to write "Those things are 'there's'" (belong to them).

Yes, that is why I said it was a different story - because a lot of people do not know the difference between 'there', 'their' and 'they're' so might be quite likely to write "Those things are 'there's'" (belong to them).
Fair enough, but those are presumably the same people who would write "there" when they should write "their" - i.e. just plain wrong!

Mind you, the existence of words which are the same when spoken but different when written has enabled me to have a better (albeit very bad!) stab at speaking French than writing it - since many of the (varying) word endings are not reflected in different verbalisations :)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back