how can i adjust TRV settings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a central heating system with rads fitted with Caleffi TRVs on each radiator.

The lounge and a couple of bedrooms do not get hot enough as the TRV's cut the rads off even though they are on setting 5.

Is it possible to recalibrate these so they don't cut off at such a low temperature and if so how?

thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
how many segments do your rad valves have!!

mines go from 1 to 6

1=12 2=16 3=20 4=24 5=28 6=32

when you choose your temperature 19% for example the radiator will shut down within one or 2 deg and start up again at 1 or 2 deg below 19

have you got a room stat? what is it doing?

I don't know Caleffi TRVs, can you see how to remove the thermostatic head (this will leave them fully open)

Sponsored Links
I have a central heating system with rads fitted with Caleffi TRVs on each radiator.

The lounge and a couple of bedrooms do not get hot enough as the TRV's cut the rads off even though they are on setting 5.
A setting of 5 is equivalent to 28°C. That's room temperature. If you say that the TRV is shutting the radiator off before the room is warm enough, then there is something wrong with the sensor in the head of the TRV.

You should be able to remove the head so the valve stays permanently open.

Caleffi in the UK is sold by Altecnic. They may be able to help or supply new heads.

thanks for the responses.

I will see if I can get replacements but will remove them in the meantime

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back