how can I Claim this land

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a plot of land I drive past which has had some old building knocked down in a residential area possibly about 20 years ago and it is now just overgrown and fair size , I have looked on certain websites that promise the earth but I am a bit reluctant to use them..I can go on the registery and found out who owns it for £3 but lets say it comes back as unknown how do i stake a claim.

Sponsored Links
As i understand this, as long as no one claims to own this land within this time then it's yours, does this mean if you have lived in your home for 10 yrs but have been paying a mortgage you can claim the deeds from the building society as you own the land? Well if they havn't objected why not? ;)

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
move in on it for 10 years i beleive
I think it might be 12 years breezer.

tim west said:
As i understand this, as long as no one claims to own this land within this time then it's yours, does this mean if you have lived in your home for 10 yrs but have been paying a mortgage you can claim the deeds from the building society as you own the land? Well if they havn't objected why not? ;)
It's a nice idea tw, but it's conventional for a mortgage lender to have a charge on the title, which means that no legal transfer can occur without their consent.

There is no property on it,so I cannot live on it but would like to claim it

JOHNBOY42 said:
There is no property on it,so I cannot live on it but would like to claim it
You would have to tend it for 10 (or 12) years.

Sponsored Links
Back