How can I disable a GT 600 with wireless expansion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so the chap that installed our alarm system nearly 10 years ago is no longer on the face of the earth and Im struggling to get this damned thing to shut up! (We havent used it for a few years as we have a Ring alarm setup)

Recently, The panel has started to go off every hour, yet the display is that pixelated I cant make out what the screen is saying, something about specifc zones triggering, so may be batteries in sensors? I have the user code but not the master code.

so I was thinking…
Pop out the fuse, open the battery panel and disconnect the battery…how long will the alarm go off for and will this keep sounding?

Or

replace batteries in sensors and avoid the main alarm going off?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Gardtec/Risco have a common problem with keypad displays failing.
If you do not use the alarm then best option would be to total power down.
Bell box should ring for no longer then 20 minutes, but this could be dependent and make and age of bell box.

Thanks, if The bell decides to keep going off, is it a case of just reconnecting again?

Gardtec/Risco have a common problem with keypad displays failing.
If you do not use the alarm then best option would be to total power down.
Bell box should ring for no longer then 20 minutes, but this could be dependent and make and age of bell box.

If bell does not stop after 20 minutes, then just power system back up.
Panel going off every hour would suggest faulty battery in control panel.

Sponsored Links
Cheers! Disconnected, keypd went off dropped my code in and as soon as I disconnected everything was dead, the bell box hasnt even gone off!

If bell does not stop after 20 minutes, then just power system back up.
Panel going off every hour would suggest faulty battery in control panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back