How can I finish this end off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you please advise on how I can tidy this up please? It's how the builders left it and I have been meaning to revisit it.

Two options come to mind:
1. fascia boards
2. eve covers

The problem is that the slope isn't straight. Hence a fascia board may have a gap in places. Hope that makes sense and look forward to your advice.

Attachments

• file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 347
  • file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 330
  • pic3.png
    pic3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 333
Sponsored Links
Probably just organise a BBQ or party or something just to give it closure.

Sponsored Links
The under cloak is shoddy as is the pointing under it.

To make it tidy the verge needs to come off, brick work needs cutting to a true line.
New under cloak bedded and tiles refitted. and pointed neatly.

Or you can try and forget it

This is the issue:
159185-d7c4b03875bab2f1209e782fd709049d.jpg

I've ignored it for over a year but would like to tidy (hide?) the mortar bead as it seems unsightly and not finished correctly, I thought?

I will struggle with the skills required for @datarebal suggestion but appreciate that would be the proper way to deal with it.

I was wondering if I could use a fascia of some description (note that the slope isn't perfectly straight) or perhaps verge caps which extend out over the mortar. Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• issue.png
    issue.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 251
it looks like you may have enough tile overhang to fix a plastic fascia to the wall after scribing the op edge to follow the undercloak

There is definitely enough overhang but I thenneed to tie it in with the fascia on the front side and finish off the corner. That could be tricky.

Can I not get away with verge caps in this situation?

The corner should be simple.. There is a plastic guy on here who might be able to confirm ...

I'm concerned that if the fascia board sits too proud it will be higher that the fascia returning back from the fascia run at the front.
upload_2019-2-15_17-31-30.png

Just pull off that off cut of fascia that forms the return and run a full length down , with corner trim

You will make it look worse with some sort of frankenverge mess trying to add a bargeboard to a verge that is not designed for one, and that's without the fact of what a piece of white fascia looks like with a non parallel and wavy top edge - 10x as visible than it is now. Then the water staining from lack of drip ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back