How can I fix leaking rad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, my 1.5 year old new Clarion Shared Ownership home has more leaky pipes than the water board.

My small downstairs toilet radiator keeps leaking this brown sludge. Does anyone know what it is or how this can be rectified?

Rad2.png

Rad1.png

Sponsored Links
At least the radiator isn't goosed! The leak appears to come from the valve connection to the (awkward) pipe coming from the wall.
If your luck is really in, the nut on the right of the lower pic may just need tightening......but first I'd get rid of all of that paint.
John :)

At least the radiator isn't goosed! The leak appears to come from the valve connection to the (awkward) pipe coming from the wall.
If your luck is really in, the nut on the right of the lower pic may just need tightening......but first I'd get rid of all of that paint.
John :)
Thanks John,
Silly question, which way would the nut need to be turned to tighten if I were facing the wall & radiator? Clockwise or anti?

Sponsored Links
Looking FROM the wall that the pipe is coming out of, you need to turn it clockwise. You'll soon find out if you turn it the wrong was as water will **** out of it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back