how deep drains should go under the floor/hardcore?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I assume drains should go below hardcore. What would be minimum depth? I'd like to get main drain (that will collect all waste from first floor) under the floor in a garage, then it will need to go under approx 3m wide extention. To plan opening depth and size in a foundation, I need to know what minimum starting depth is.

thanks.
v.

Sponsored Links
The drain is positioned, depth wise, where the falls dictate.

Ideally yes, either below or even in the hardcore layer.

On some very shallow drains we once fitted the drain had to (partially) pass through the insulation layer and it was a mare!

Where drains are exposed i.e. not under buildings, building control recommend a minimum of 300mm cover.

thanks. will open an inspection chamber to see depth at which I should connect and will see what depth at entry point in the garage can be. hopefully in or under hardcore. with this I'll have something to show building inspector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back