United Kingdom
Hi
How do I change this type of down light bulb please
Had the clip type in my old house so not familiar

Thank You
0C343D88-2798-4A6A-8BE9-9579A94AC946.jpeg
0C343D88-2798-4A6A-8BE9-9579A94AC946.jpeg

Sponsored Links
That looks like a non-replaceable LED unit.
If so, then you have to replace the complete fitting as you cannot replace the 'bulb'.

How do I remove it for replacement if it’s an integrated unit
And why would anyone design something like that?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks
You replace the entire fitting...they can make more money designing them that way.

Thanks
Pull it down gently. There are two sprung levers, so mind your fingers (and the plaster) as you pull it free of the ceiling.

Will it be straightforward to replace this unit (and other matching ones) with ones that have easily replaceable bulbs or are they wired differently?
Thanks

No, not wired any different and can be replaced with 'normal' ones but be careful to get ones with the similar details.
i.e. if they are 12v, instead of the normal 230/240v then you will need to get a 12v one, (or set if replacing the others.).
Tip: As you start to pull it down slide the fingers of your other hand up to form a ring around the unit. You should feel what feels like two stiff wires running upwards on each side. Keep a firm squeeze on them as the unit comes out to prevent them snapping against your fingers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back