How do I remove the door panle off a Fiat Punto MK1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I remove the door panle off a Fiat Punto MK1 that all I need to know. I need to replace the locks. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Sponsored Links
Have no idea about a Punto,but..

Door interior trim panels are normally fastened on by :-
1)the door pull/handle
2)the window winder handle/surround
3)lots of irritating plastic clips that are easiest removed with a wide wallpaper scraper stuck between the panel and the door,run it along until you feel a fastener,and twist to "pop" the fastener out

Door/window handles sometimes held on with screws,sometimes held on with clips - obviously if uncertain,do what Breezer suggested... :D

Clip off the inner door handle grab covers, remove the allen bolts.
Undo the philips screws from around the lower door pocket.
For wind up handle models remove the spring clip from the back of the winding handle using a small screwdriver.
Pull and then lift upwards.

Sponsored Links
rcreff said:
How do I remove the door panle off a Fiat Punto MK1 that all I need to know. I need to replace the locks. any help would be appreciated. thanks
Drive into a maestro ???? ;) ;) ;)

Scoby_Beasley said:
rcreff said:
Drive into a maestro ???? ;) ;) ;)

2 kilos of cemtex usually ensures doors and windows removed in radius of several metres. ... And the setter going down for several years .. expensive but effective in the extreme.
:D

Back