How do I remove these cables so that I can replace them with identical ones.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a framing machine that uses two micro switches buttons that have to be pushed at same time to operate. This keeps hands out of way of blades.
They are faulty and I need to replace. I have located where the two wires from each micro switch go and these look like push in connectors ?
I am attaching a photo of one of the micro switches two cables in these "holes"/ connectors. The grey one directly above the upside down 25 in photo and the black one above the grey one. I notice that there is a square hole beneath each connector, is that for something to be pushed into to release wire ?
Any advice very welcome
Thanks
James

Attachments

• IMG_20230823_170708.jpg
    IMG_20230823_170708.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 124
Sponsored Links
Have you found the microswitches themselves?

It's common for a microswitch to be connected to the wiring loom with spade connectors - there may be no need to disconnect the wiring from these terminal blocks.

Have you found the microswitches themselves?

It's common for a microswitch to be connected to the wiring loom with spade connectors - there may be no need to disconnect the wiring from these terminal blocks.
Indeed, and the OP seems to have confirmed that such is the situation - so I'm not sure why he wants to disconnected from the terminal blocks ...
Hello,
.... the two wires from each micro switch go and these look like push in connectors ?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Hi, Thanks for your responses. The micro switches/ push buttons are as mentioned for pushing ( two at the same time ) so that hands are kept safely away from the blades when they come down. The microswitches are not part of the circuit board.
The wires from these trail down and go into the electric board as per my previous message photo.
All I am trying to do is work out how to remove these wires from ,what looks like a push fit connection and then connect wires from the new switches/ buttons in their place.
I attach the a photo of one of the micro switch / push buttons on the machine for clarity and showing its position at the other end of the wires from the connection board.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230823_184408_777_copy_4000x3000.jpg
    IMG_20230823_184408_777_copy_4000x3000.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 89
No I simply want to replace faulty micro switch/ buttons as per my last post so that my machine works as it should. Thanks
Have you attempted to remove the switch from the machine?
There appears to be a rubber boot between the switch and the cable?
Connections to the cable are likely to be under there, but may be soldered on?

Screenshot_20230823-190409_Chrome.jpg

...or have I misunderstood your post, and you already have replacement switches, along with their attached cables?

Last edited:
Hi,
I have two brand new button switches
( they are called micro switches on the packet) these both have cables on them that are exactly the same length as the faulty ones. They are like for like. I simply want remove the old buttons from the machine then disconnect the cables from the connection board inside the machine . I then want to fit the new buttons to the machine and connect their cables into the same holes on connection board that the old ones were connected to.
My original question was how do I remove the cables from the push in connector on the connection board inside the machine. A photo was attached in first message
Hopefully that's clear
Thanks

My original question was how do I remove the cables from the push in connector on the connection board inside the machine.
I would imagine that poking something into one of the holes (the square ones and/or the small round ones will release the wire from the terminal.

Kind Regards, John

Thanks yep I'll give that a go . Hoped someone might have had experience with those particular ones ?
What I might do actually is cut the old cables halfway and then solder new ones on to them .Saves having to mess about with poking about.

Thanks yep I'll give that a go . Hoped someone might have had experience with those particular ones ?
Well, I (and presumably many others) have come across many terminals similar to those ones. They all tend to be slightly different from one another, but the common feature is that there is a hole into which one can poke something to release the conductor.
What I might do actually is cut the old cables halfway and then solder new ones on to them .Saves having to mess about with poking about.
You could do that, but it (well, the result) would be 'nicer' to try a little poking !

Kind Regards, John

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back