How Do I Remove This Tap

I thought they came with optional extenders like shown on the lever taps.

I have had trouble with bath mixer taps in the past had to give up on a couple because they just would not reach.

Try an independent plumbing supply shop they may stock an alternative make, the ones Homebase used to sell had an extender option but I haven't seen them for some time now.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. It did come with a thread adapter to allow it to fit a bath tap and an adapter to the inner for a larger diameter bottom washer (as these reviver taps are just the basin ones, with these 'extras' included), but it still doesn't reach the tap base to allow it to work.

Well, I think I have sorted my problems, at last. I was able to remove the stubborn tap head by using a large stilson on the head itself, wrapped in rags, and undoing the whole lot, just leaving the base behind.

I cured the tap revivers not reaching the tap base seat to work properly, by using double washers.

Thanks again for the replies.

Double rubber washer will fail very quickly as the tap will feel really spongey and you want the tighten then down hard and the washers will squash and lead to problems.

Well done for removing the head!

Sponsored Links
Thanks, it was a relief! One of the bath tap heads was stuck in just the same way, I was able to remove that using the same method.

The double washer trick seems ok, all taps feel very responsive and easy, and you wouldn't know any different.

I did see it as a temporary fix though, as I think that you can get brass spacers which are the same size as tap washers, for this purpose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back