How do i stop grout going a dirty looking colour when wet

adm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just recently finished tiling and grouting the bathroom which i must say have not done a bad job after noting help from a previous post i sent, but my only problem i now have is the white waterproof grout looks beautiful and white when dry but when the shower has been used the grout goes a dirty looking light brown colour until it drys out and then it is perfectly white again, i know grout, even waterproof grout soaks in a certain amount of water but i would like to know is there anything i can coat the grout with so it keeps it lovely whiteness even when wet. someone i know suggested some sort of clear varnish or nail varnish which i think may work although time consuming (whch i do not mind if it works) or does anyone know of a different way of doing this.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back