United Kingdom
4F620E62-DE3B-42C2-AD77-7859A37D4DBF.jpeg
2F83094E-BDEE-404D-8558-F67B65ED718E.jpeg
C6C36312-8F73-45B7-9D05-0F474C1E933A.jpeg
82EDD376-C10D-4D35-AC0F-84DA10B500EE.jpeg
1E672FBC-EAF5-482C-B240-F5339BBCAFA2.jpeg
B9BAB80A-7BD1-4643-B5F3-EF1E2211BB55.jpeg
Hiya,

Recently moved to a new property and I have no hot water. There’s no gas everything’s electric here.

I have contacted the landlord who said the hot water was working for the last tenants so no reason for it not to be working now - I know it’s his duty to make sure it is but if it’s something I can fix without causing a fuss then I may as well.

I have no idea what any of this is so will upload pics and information.

The switch to the left with the light on leads to the bottom of the tank. The switch to the right which is off leads to the top. That switch has a fuse taped to it?

Sponsored Links
Tank is direct... Using leccie.
Need to trace immersion heaters back to source of power by following cable and ensure switches are being supplied.

Fact that fuse has been removed from spur would need investigating... Why would it be removed and taped to fascia plate?

Tell your landlord to send a sparks round to test and ensure safe... Or you won't pay rent! Tell him to ask last tenants why it is left so... Don't go putting fuse in yourself... Could cause all sorts of issues.

Ask your landlord for a copy of the electric certification and Legionella cert. You should have a copy of both. The electrical certificate will show that the immersion heaters/hw system have been tested and all is ok and has passed inspection. That fuse being removed isn't something I'd expect to see in a rental.

Sponsored Links
A more concerning thing tho, if I'm looking at it correctly, is there seems to be a tundish missing on the D1 discharge, especially with the Exp PRV plumbed into it too - that needs corrected ASAP, before it's warmed up, by a G3/UVHW qual engineer
The D2 seems to change to a plastic pipe after that HEP coupler, whilst not actually wrong, it isn't ideal either.

Your landlord is required to provide you with a copy of the Electrical Installation Condition Report for the property, and this should have been carried out prior to you moving in. As of July this year, EICRs are supposed to be carried out at least every five years, and upon change of occupancy. Ask for a copy. Also, I agree with Madrab that that cylinder hasn't been fitted correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back