How do I

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Either deversify into new or attract new customers. My trade is joiner/carpenter dependant on how south of north you live.
My customer base is drying up and my adverising is looking dull.
Now has any one tryed or seen anything that was inotave (hope thats near enough) I advetise linage in the local inkys.
So any one tryed/done what ever to generate buissness and it got a positive responce I would be more than keen to hear about it. Iam on the Isle Of Mann so poss not gonna stand on anyones toes here. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sponsored Links
Get this free ebook to spice up your ads.
(You'll have to scroll down to half way down the page for more info

Two things I can suggest.
1 Make your heading stand out, ie How do I ...get more business.
2 Use spell check.
I hope your printed adds are checked out.

I accept that to be a good trades man you dont have to be good at spelling.

This is ment to be contructive, please take it that way.

LoL

Shouldn't that be " your printed ads are checked out - minus the second d, not something a spell checker picks up on.

Sponsored Links
But his advice stands - have your ads checked before they go to print, always!

Depends how much work you are prepared to do to attract new work.

You could try a mailing, ie get some nice A4 brochures printed with lots of photos of your work and even some testimonials from happy customers etc.

Make it clear what you can do for the customer etc. Nothing about price, free estimates, discounts for OAP's or any of that rubbish.

Keep it professional and get some help designing it, esp for splelling lol!

Then target the 'posh' end of town if that is what you are into. Either go for some long walks yourself, or the missus, kids (great pocket money earner!) or consider arranging/paying to have them delivered (free papers etc)

Top quality work pays better (IMHO) than 'bread and butter' work, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Then sit back and wait for the phone to ring!

Cheers

p.s. you made me run the spell check twice you buggers!

Actually it was bu66er but the forum has automatic anti swearing software, and 'tidied' it up for me, how helpful............bit like my dear wife!

I want to 'play ' with the software now....

I tried the b word with two 6's and it still took it out...cool.

bug ger

bu6 6er

etc

Sponsored Links
Back