ELECTRICIAN BUSINESS

Sponsored Links
Is it only me who finds builders slow to settle up? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Is it only me who finds builders slow to settle up? :confused:

We dont work for em EVER because of this

and dont get me started on those people who call themselfs "property developers"

:)

because you get

"I want the boiler here"

Then

"We need the boiler over there"

And

"actually the boiler had better go here"

then

"are you sure the cylinder cannot fit under the stairs"

and finally

"the boiler should have gone in the original place

ARGGGGGGGGHHH

I hate these morons who think that because they once made a tenner from a house they painted magnolia once they are the new sarah beeny

:evil:

eff em I say

Any enquiry I get from a property developer is dealt with on a consultancy basis viz:

Estimate is restricted to one line "To carry out installation of central heating at the above property amounts to the sum of £XXXX"

This usually results in a request for a specification of what is included in the price.

"Certainly", say I, "on receipt of your cheque for £XXX I would be happy to provide a full specification"

Can't understand why no-one takes me up on my amazing offer. :confused:

corgiman said:
ARGGGGGGGGHHH

I hate these morons who think that because they once made a tenner from a house they painted magnolia once they are the new sarah beeny

:evil:

eff em I say

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

giblets said:
Any enquiry I get from a property developer is dealt with on a consultancy basis viz:

Estimate is restricted to one line "To carry out installation of central heating at the above property amounts to the sum of £XXXX"

This usually results in a request for a specification of what is included in the price.

"Certainly", say I, "on receipt of your cheque for £XXX I would be happy to provide a full specification"

Can't understand why no-one takes me up on my amazing offer. :confused:

Smashing plan giblets

:)

ah yes property developers. Had one two weeks ago. spoke to my wife in the office. weve got to put the house on the market first week of september, need fencing, patios, turf, planting, block paved driveway doing. All the others let me dowmn or i get nowhere with them. Phone him up, not convenient, ill ring you back. phones me back, leaves message. phone him back. "Im just buying lintels in the builders merchants ill phone you in 20 mins." Never phoned back. Wonder why hes getting nowhere!

All seem to be the same. Did one last year. All want it at the drop of the hat to put on the market asap. Had to lay two lawns and put up two fences, by a deadline at the end of the week. What happens, the developer goes out and buys 6 very large specimen trees that all had to be planted and no-one had told us about. WE end up digging the holes and planting them, and then the builders tries to knock us for putting down less lawn! :rolleyes:

dont do builders anymore!

I had a rewire to do for a 'property developer' a couple of years back.

I went in and did the first fix, as agreed with the customer. No problems there.

When I came back to second fix, I found extra sockets spurred of my new wiring, and wiring for downlighters in cable far too small, wiring for a mains fan above the bath, all of which he had done himself without thinking to ask.

He got very upset when I hacked out all his lovely new plaster to wire it all up properly.

absolute nightmare :evil:

He was genuinely oblivious to the fact that he had done anything wrong.

Sponsored Links
Back