How does this sound?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Have just got a quote for the following:
  • Supply and fit of salamander 2 bar pump for just hot water,
    Supply and fit of magnaclean
    Supply and fit of TRV's (Told of good quality)
    Move main stoptap by about 1ft and construct a U shape.

its has come in at 400 parts and 2 days work at about 260 a day, seems a bit excssive esp as the other option was a new system, which came in only a few k more

Thanks

Olly

Sponsored Links
Its useless saying the TRVs are "good quality" !

Unless it says thay are Drayton TRV4s then they are probably cheap.

The differentiating factor is are they liquid or waxstat. You can get a cheap waxstat for less than £5. Drayton are about £18.

Tony

trv4.jpg

Ummmm Nice :eek:

Sponsored Links
essex23 said:
How does this sound?
It sounds like your a tight git who hasn't read the forum rules and guidance.

the other option was a new system, which came in only a few k more
Oh well; just get the one that costs four times as much. :idea:

Well thanks for that softus really helpfull comments, Possibly no I havent read the forum "Rules" but that doesnt mean that you reply with a crappy response, save my time and yours and dont bother.

Thanks for the other help, the stop cock is pretty easy to get to only under one floorboard which comes up easy enough. The TRV's there was a choice between £8 ones and £14.

Olly

essex23 said:
no I havent read the forum "Rules"
Then it's you who's wasting everyone's time - it would be a good idea to read them before you post again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back