How efficient are boiler bypass now

Sponsored Links
Also useful are very bright LCD wall stats that say 25 degrees all the time, yet are in no way wired to or controlling the boiler.

Unsure what you mean regarding those?

I call it “Placebo Heating”!
I first did it for my dad because if my mum could see a big “25” glaring at her, she felt warm and didn’t start playing with the heating controls... the “real” roomstat was located in a less obvious place and was set at a more comfortable 20 degrees... it prevented my dad from boiling in his own skin!

More “wife-proof” controls :whistle:

Sponsored Links
I call it “Placebo Heating”!
I first did it for my dad because if my mum could see a big “25” glaring at her, she felt warm and didn’t start playing with the heating controls... the “real” roomstat was located in a less obvious place and was set at a more comfortable 20 degrees... it prevented my dad from boiling in his own skin!

More “wife-proof” controls :whistle:
Mate that’s genius.

Cwheating i think we are both sure we are right so in the end we will have to agree to disagree! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday(y)
Just wanted to say the more I think about it the more I know you’re right. Theres no way a TRV can regulate the temperature that way. The way they work is more like an on off switch. Eventually the rad is going to get up to the same temp as the system water.

The way they work is more like an on off switch.
Yes but you are also right about a partial state being possible - they can enter a middle ground once the room temperature is stable, never going fully off or fully on.
You can even use PWM and a feedback loop via sensors on the electro thermal actuators (which are also either off or on) to keep them in a half and half state, a kind of dynamically balanced system.
Obviously completely over kill on your house but anything is possible!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back