How hard is it to fit your own flu liner?

• Thread starter attractivebrunette
  • Start date
Imgp1180.jpg

Are you smoking a fag on a customer roof?

Now that's what the HSE would get you for now I reckon. Passive smoke infestation, five years hard time.

Sponsored Links
If you intend to get covered in soot, always were old overalls :idea:

Sponsored Links
In the unlikely event of getting hit by a low flying jet, I don't think a hard hat would do much good :LOL:

God yous all make it sound hard.
Most jobs will be done with a standard 9 metre length of copex ,standard ladder and if slippy roof a roof ladder if nt walk up it.

OP if you live in a normal size house with norma chimney we are talking 5 inch liner then 250 is an ok price anything over 500 is taking the ****

fairly easy for gas ... solid fuel is a little harder, a full scaffold up here costs 300 including up to the stack.

also fit a fire box at the base, it makes it a better job and so much easier... add 70+ for the box. liner prices vary week by week

Good stuff! Thanks for all your help and advice guys! I think I'll have to get a pro in for this one. It's just a bit too difficult and dangerous for a girlie to do!

Good stuff! Thanks for all your help and advice guys! I think I'll have to get a pro in for this one. It's just a bit too difficult and dangerous for a girlie to do!

Think you had better get a pro in for most of the jobs in this house that you have obviously bought and are trying to do up on the cheap then flog on :rolleyes: picking brains don`t make you a plumber nor a plasterer luv ;) Gawd èlp the spark :eek:

Think you had better get a pro in for most of the jobs in this house that you have obviously bought and are trying to do up on the cheap then flog on :rolleyes: picking brains don`t make you a plumber nor a plasterer luv ;) Gawd èlp the spark :eek:

that was abit harsh :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back