How long does wine keep, unopened?

Oddly an English wine won a top award recently, I forget which, but as patriotic as I am, I have to agree, English wine is usually quite disgusting :LOL:

English wine is rather expensive, produced in small quantities and usually quite good.

There is a thing called "British wine" which is fermented here from imported fruit juice, and noted for being cheap and nasty.

Sponsored Links
English wine is rather expensive, produced in small quantities and usually quite good.

There is a thing called "British wine" which is fermented here from imported fruit juice, and noted for being cheap and nasty.

Depends on your taste I guess, it's too "thin" for me. As such "thin" wine doesn't keep well for any period of time. Hence why reds with complex tannins age much more gracefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
The type of grape, the bottle, how it's stored and the skills of the wine maker are all factors too in how long a wine lasts. Most wine is made to be drunk within a couple of years.
Ha, remembered something from my teenage job working at Unwins, something sunk in! :)

Sponsored Links
The type of grape, the bottle, how it's stored and the skills of the wine maker are all factors too in how long a wine lasts. Most wine is made to be drunk within a couple of years.
Ha, remembered something from my teenage job working at Unwins, something sunk in! :)

Most certainly, however high end bordeaux's are for laying down for a good number of years. Had a nice case of '97 Haute d'Yquem in bond for some time.

Country Manor?

I don't recall the brand, but a local pub hands it out to runners up in the quiz. Silver Bay, perhaps?

How long does wine keep, unopened?

Not long in my house.

Who knows this may be a Coronovirus antidote?

As is very well known, alcohol kills the virus, which is why everybody is clamouring for alcohol-based hand sanitiser. Furthermore, according to what I've read, the virus is first "installed" in the throat, and it is recommended to take regular drinks to flush your throat because, if the virus is present, this will wash it down to your stomach where it will be killed by the digestive juices. So, surely, alcohol would be the best drink to do this?

Open the pubs now Boris for the good of the nation! Free drinks all round. Mine's a large one.

As is very well known, alcohol kills the virus, which is why everybody is clamouring for alcohol-based hand sanitiser. Furthermore, according to what I've read, the virus is first "installed" in the throat, and it is recommended to take regular drinks to flush your throat because, if the virus is present, this will wash it down to your stomach where it will be killed by the digestive juices. So, surely, alcohol would be the best drink to do this?
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I had to laugh at this absurdity!

Open the pubs now Boris for the good of the nation! Free drinks all round. Mine's a large one.

This is dangerous nonsense that has been floating around on the internet, incorrect in every way.

Sponsored Links
Back