How long to heat house.

A 30kW boiler seems on the large size for a three bed detached house. I live in a similar house, built mid 80's, and the heating side of my 37kW combi boiler is turned down to 12kW.

The required boiler output does depend on the total heating capacity of your radiators. There's no point trying to put 20kW from the boiler into 10kW of rads. The rad temperature will rise very quickly, as will the return temp, so the boiler will modulate down. If the boiler can modulate below 10kW that's fine; but if it can only modulate down to 12kW the boiler will go into on/off mode, which could explain why it is taking so long for your house to reach temperature.

How many radiators do you have? what type and what size?

The output of your boiler can be altered from the default 18kW (it's parameter d.0), with a minimum of 10kW and max of 30k.

Sponsored Links
I had some central heating guys look at the system and they gas rated the boiler and adjusted it to output to 20kw I believe, for some reason they wanted to change the 3 port valve but I didnt have that done.
The house has 13 rads all upstairs are new except one, The hall one I have also changed for a DPSC. The radiators in this house take over 90 minutes go get hot and maybe 3hrs for the boiler to my 69c setting.

The red arrows show the points and in between that show where the magnet finds the metal particles.

Hope these picture help

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back