how many bags?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my wife has managed to cram in all our ( 2 adults 2 kids) stuff into one suitcase, and keep it under 30kg's.

great i thought.

it's our first time abroad together as a family and people are saying split it into two cases, as only one is ever likely to get lost.

now i dunno what to do.

Sponsored Links
Put it into 2 as they are easier to search through when you are there. If you unpack the case when you arrive and use the wardrobes you will find that anything of any value will disappear when they clean your room out. Make sure they have locks too.

Actually, most airlines won't allow you to transfer your baggage allowance to another person even if you are travelling together. I think it is to stop the weight crippling the employees handling the bags - so definitely 2 bags as they may refuse just 1 as overweight.

Oh and have a nice holiday.

She will expect you to carry it :cry:

Make her divide it into 4 small bags and carry one each.

Always have a photocopies of your passport and travel insurance in two different bags. Same with one-days worth of socks, medicines and undies.

Sponsored Links
i'm expected to carry ALL the baggage.

i just thought one was easier to deal with that's all.

One shoulder down, one up, start the holiday with a bad back :(

have taken a 87KG bag before (we had 120KG to play with). they didnt even complain about the weight.

flying these days is such a hassle.

makes you think.......is it worth it.

can't wait to see their little faces when the plane takes off. :LOL:

I would also use at least two or more bags. If you have to walk any distance or use stairs it is much easier and safer with your back straight. It is very uncomfortable leaning over to one side with a heavy case.

JohnD wrote,
Always have a photocopies of your passport and travel insurance in two different bags. Same with one-days worth of socks, medicines and undies.
Excellent advice this, also keep this gear in your handluggage (if you're allowed to).

Have a lovely time.

Sponsored Links
Back