Have You Ever made A Good Cyber Friend??

Reaction score
Country
Palau
I had one, a female cyber buddy who lived in Manchester, was married and 2 adult kids.
We never exchanged phone numbers or pictures for that matter, nor our exact locations.
however, from what we both posted, we could find each other and there was an element of trust.

The trust resulted in us discussing things we could not discuss with family etc but genuinely picked the other's brains for what they would do.

I'd known the poster via a big forum for almost 6 years. Our contact unless we were debating a concern was about once/twice a week normally. Just before Covid took off we were on a few weeks hols and return first days of March and then a week later I emailed them and again as I thought my stuff may have hit the spam. However, nothing since.

We were on good terms before we went away on hols and she too was looking forward to their hols later in the year as no one was really up to speed re Covid at the time. I often think about that poster/her and I hope I gave her good advice as sure she did for me. It was great being 100% open and honest re the in-laws, kids, sibbligns etc and I miss those chats and sad at the thought what may have happened to her. Like most people she was not 100% fit when over 50 but did work PT.

Have you made a good cyber friend that you can be more honest with than your own family ie like the examples I give above?

Sponsored Links
Had a mate say I've done something I shouldn't. I'm going to say something tonight. Things have gone too far..

The story goes...

He got chatting to mate that rented a room (all in same house) actually next to his.
Started out as a laugh until after a few weeks it got hot. Guy would rush home from work to chat online (to candy from Australia or something similar) not realising it was a mate in next room having a laugh.

As for cyber friends.

Sort of.. Not deep but I do message but never seen them. Its more for work plus a little general life chat I guess sometimes. Nothing wrong. Guess it's safe to vent. Just be careful who they are

Had a mate say I've done something I shouldn't. I'm going to say something tonight. Things have gone too far..

The story goes...

He got chatting to mate that rented a room (all in same house) actually next to his.
Started out as a laugh until after a few weeks it got hot. Guy would rush home from work to chat online (to candy from Australia or something similar) not realising it was a mate in next room having a laugh.

As for cyber friends.

Sort of.. Not deep but I do message but never seen them. Its more for work plus a little general life chat I guess sometimes. Nothing wrong. Guess it's safe to vent. Just be careful who they are

Thank you. I guess it can happen to younger people , IE taking the mick,
Best thing to do is keep the chats to yourself, even forum chats as people
can pick up and then take the mick

I'm glad to hear it's not just me. It is a lot easier to test the waters with someone you only know via the internet having met them on a forum. The forum often gives you an idea of what they may be like. However, I'd never meet anyone exchange pics etc of myself or phone numbers etc etc.

I do miss my buddy.

Sponsored Links
Yes, one of my best friends is somebody I met online when I started out in my new line of business. He was incredibly helpful, giving excellent advice on a forum for many years. We've met up a number of times, usually at business conferences, but also weekends with the kids.

Yes, one of my best friends is somebody I met online when I started out in my new line of business. He was incredibly helpful, giving excellent advice on a forum for many years. We've met up a number of times, usually at business conferences, but also weekends with the kids.

That's really nice to hear about your experiences.

As I've said I'd never met the lady - it was one of the best friendships I've ever had where I could talk about [eople at work, friends, family without the fear of it being shared with those I knew.
The other suggested a video call but I declined and they agreed and apologised when an apology was not required. The downside of not sharing an address, phone, meet is you don't know what has happened to them, sad and I do miss my cyber buddy a lot.

I'm sure you could find another 12 year old mystery person to talk to online.

If you have been talking to somebody for some time you might as well try to meet up or at least do a video call.
I was apprehensive before meeting the forum friends (5 of us meet the first time) but they were really all just a nice IRL as online.

I've been conversing with a 25 year old fitness instructor from LA called Luscious. Wait a sec, she's just sent me a pic for the first time ...

fat man.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back