Holiday Plans?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Palau
Thought booked anything??
Considering UK, EU or further afield??

Undecided due to covid impacts but we have Euro Disney tickets from a couple of years ago, the vip ones so may do that take the car a book a flash property there. We've been to Disneyland USA about ten times over the years love that and feel the Euro D will be an anti-climax but if the weather is great then good.

Considering Dubai as only been twice before.

Been to India, Japan and Australia but too old for Australia as flights are too long and India Covid is rampant, Japan has nothing new to offer.

We will never do the Caribbean hols as not for us to stay stuck in a hotel by the pool and/or their beach-front.

Went to Canada about 15 years ago for 6 weeks saw most of it so out of the question.

considered Mexico, Covid rampant as well as crime.

Africa a no, no for us as nothing to offer.

Never been to Wales or Scotland but the weather is often dreadful and lots of other negatives about some of the places as I've read.

I like to do a day trip to the Isle of Man but the weather is awful there as well, often I have been advised.

Would not consider NI at all or Ireland, not for us.

Considered Singapoor but other than a few flash places nothing.

Undecided

Sone Eurostar, done ferries, done planes, done hovercraft, skiing, sailing

Never done a cruise as too chavy from what I have seen and the last thing you want is to be stuck with a group of loudmouths and the likes of QE" is not us as too pretentious a friend advised us. Don't want the smaller boats and the others are too big.

When we go on hols, we look for VFM as we are not ones for throwing away our money. We look for quieter periods and where couples go with very young family as we have found those settings pleasant and our children/family travel with us if they can get the hols etc

Sponsored Links
Best stick to Western Europe
North America
New Zealand
Australia

imo

least amount of fruit cakes

although may pay you to stay away from the Deep South in the states

Try looking for a tour: Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, even Myanmar depending on the political situation.
If not, do it yourself. If you can find a willing Vietnamese/Cambodian/English multi-lingual person to accompany you, so much the better, for convenience, best prices, and places to go, etc.
Visas are easy, you may not need a Thai visa. Multi-entry visas (Vietnam, Cambodia) are a bit more expensive but allow more flexible travel.
Laos did require tourists to use an official guide at one time, I don't know if that is still the case, but the transport around tourists spots might be included with the official guide.
If you think of doing it yourself, I'm happy to suggest an itinerary.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, AngleEyes. You work nights??
Never considered those places as more for the younger set as is Indonesia and the Philippines.

But sounds interesting may have considered if I was 29 again

Must dash

Albania and Montenegro are 2 of the best countries I visited.
Beautiful places, cheap prices, wonderful people and great food.
Best of all, you can rent a boat for £40/50 a day and explore secluded beaches.
And if you like diving/snorkeling, the marine life there is fantastic.
It's also great for fishing, you never came back empty handed and barbecued fish is always guaranteed.

Next big trip will be South America or Africa if C19 is sorted, other wise sticking to Europe, two week UK tour in the camper in June

Hear a few good vibes re Albania but I've worked with people from Albania and one for Romania, not my cup of tea but the Albania bloke was nice.

Forget to mention Turkey, many nice areas really excellent VFM, shorter flights when compared to usa etc, but go outside the yobs holiday season and go to family-friendly place. One of my children worked there for a year and really like the place but the blokes were worse than those in Englan, EG drooling and not taking no for an answer but the slightly older men and women, the modern ones very nice.

Never done Egypt, the troubles put us off and we've heard its a bit like Blackpool in the sand with hot weather and be prepared to be taken for a ride but that applies to many other places I guess.

Considered China and the Great Wall tour, but too far

Thanks

Pre-covid, Brexit, divorce, I was semi retired and spent 4-5 months sailing in the greek islands and occasionally the canaries. I'm desperate to get back out to the med as I loved drifting around the 2000 or so islands. Might give the carabean or Indian Ocean a try this year. I did Antigua in October and will do July/August in the Aegean probably. Annoyingly I have a family wedding in August in Majorca, I'm tempted to sail it, though it would be a month each way and frankly pretty sh*t sailing (3 legs of 5 or 6 days at sea).

Pre-covid, Brexit, divorce, I was semi retired and spent 4-5 months sailing in the greek islands

The Greek islands are fantastic and sailing/cruising around them for a length of time is top of my wish list. Probably need small lottery win though and I don't know how to sail. My hols on Greek islands are some of the best ones I've had. Another on top of list is cruising along the Canal Du Midi.

68 pence a pint in Tirana, can't wait.

One of the reasons I spend time in Czech Republic. Even in Prague I can get an excellent pint of Klaster beer for 86p. Shot of Slivovice for £1. Russian Borscht soup and bread for £1. That's lunch sorted! :)

Will be back there in just over 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back