Holiday Plans?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a little trip on that when we went to Carcassonne. Lovely place.
View attachment 261562 View attachment 261563 View attachment 261564

Looks great, especially that canal side bar/restaurant. Would like to do a large part of canal over a week or two. Drifting through the French countryside (sorry Trans), no traffic, pulling up at lunch time for simple cheese and bread lunch with local wine/cider. Then mooring somewhere for the night and going into a bistro in a small town or village. Got to be done!

Sponsored Links
Our children and friends have been to Croatia. Personally, I believe and may be wrong that many of the ex Russian states are quite racist. Having said that those that run the holiday sectors know that they have to welcome all even if they don't mean it.

Our children and friends have been to Croatia. Personally, I believe and may be wrong that many of the ex Russian states are quite racist. Having said that those that run the holiday sectors know that they have to welcome all even if they don't mean it.

Can't be more racist than the English. No ones more racist than the English. Nasty horrible bunch we are.......

Sponsored Links
Can't be more racist than the English. No ones more racist than the English. Nasty horrible bunch we are.......

I've said it before on these and other forums, all countries have their racists some more than others.
IMO, England is better than Scotland when it comes to being racist or is it that a large minority just dislike the English but not the others

Either way, you have racists in all countries and more often than not the majority are not racists.

Going back to Russia their ex states I recall watching a film years ago, I think Clint Eastwood was in. A military Russian delegation came to meet an American delegation of USA armed forces and the Russian lead wrongly assumed that someone else was the leader until he was pointed to the lead of the USA who was black. The film was sending up the Russians but in actual fact, it is still true as far as I am aware you rarely get people living and working in Russian states who can be defined as having an afro/Caribbean background.

Having said the above, the Saudia Arabians are quite nasty to their women when it comes to equality so no one is perfect

It's the same at both ends. PCR UK
same again when you land, ArriveCAN app, NHS, Masks, hoops.
Canada is very Covid strict.

You'll be in your element then, with exactly the kind of world you want. Enjoy your testing, mask wearing and showing of passes!

You'll be in your element then, with exactly the kind of world you want. Enjoy your testing, mask wearing and showing of passes!
Are you suggesting that because I obey COVID rules I somehow enjoy them? I want rid of COVID and it’s restrictions the same as anyone else. Just saying that Canada is strict and is no place for the likes of you Andy. Fast and loose won’t work here boyo.

I suspect, in a few weeks, months, when there is no, or very little Covid, the anti-vaxxers will be shouting from the rooftops, "WE TOLD YOU IT WAS ALL A LIE".
:rolleyes:

I suspect, in a few weeks, months, when there is no, or very little Covid, the anti-vaxxers will be shouting from the rooftops, "WE TOLD YOU IT WAS ALL A LIE".
:rolleyes:
Yes, rightly so.
However, you call them anti-vaxxer when instead they are anti-covid jab, major difference there.
In the meantime I know a lot of God covid followers who are panicking because their new religion is falling apart.
Everything they believed in for the past 2 years is coming to an end and they can't bear reality.
Even on this forum there are some nutters who would love to be on permanent lockdown for the foreseeable future.
To those I say: nobody is forcing you to go out.
Lock yourself in the house, seal all gaps with expanding foam and stay there for the rest of your miserable days.

If going abroad go from May/June and before the end of Sept to be on the safe side as come winter Covid will kick off again one way or another around most of the world as winter sets in around usa/uk/eu/etc

Yep, covid ends and the claim is "WE TOLD YOU IT WAS ALL A LIE, IT WAS NEVER SERIOUS".

Covid continues and the claim is "WE TOLD YOU IT WAS ALL A LIE, IT GOES ON TO LINE BIG PHARMA'S POCKETS".

Very convenient.

Having said the above, the Saudia Arabians are quite nasty to their women when it comes to equality so no one is perfect

It's always going to be hard, where a country believes that God will guide them and any mistakes they make will be corrected in heaven.

There was an interesting YouTube documentary on the chief executioner of Saudi. He regularly cuts the heads off of people and firmly believes any injustice will be corrected by God. It's very difficult to hold people accountable (to themselves) for killing someone if they are utterly convinced God told them to do it.

There are many more places than Saudi where barbaric occurrences happen. Houthi Malitia recently publicly executed (video uploaded to YouTube) 30 or so including children, one of which was a child who had been made paraplegic from interogation, by queuing them up, laying them down and shooting them in the chest one shot after another (slowly) until they were dead, allowing them to die in obvious pain. Then there are the many countries who will happily relieve you of a limb or 2 for things that would not even get you jail time in the UK, or perhaps you'd rather get buried up to you waste and stoned.

If people believe "god" is on their side, they are capable of terrible things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back