Holiday Plans?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people believe "god" is on their side, they are capable of terrible things.
Yeah it's weird, people across the planet all doing different things (some good, some bad) all in the name of god, if indeed the same god. You'd think they'd stop to question 'wait a minute, we can't ALL be right?!?'

It's also weird to think, over the centuries right up to the present day, world leaders have instigated various wars and/or atrocities and yet they'll still profess to be religious and believe in god ... whilst simultaneously ruining the lives (or worse) of countless fellow human beings.

Yeah ... weird that.

Sponsored Links
You'd think they'd stop to question 'wait a minute, we can't ALL be right?!?'

There are thousands of gods which each cult thinking theirs is the "correct" one. It largely comes down to where people are born to which God they believe in, nothing more. Just the luck of the draw.

Hear a few good vibes re Albania but I've worked with people from Albania and one for Romania, not my cup of tea but the Albania bloke was nice.

Forget to mention Turkey, many nice areas really excellent VFM, shorter flights when compared to usa etc, but go outside the yobs holiday season and go to family-friendly place. One of my children worked there for a year and really like the place but the blokes were worse than those in Englan, EG drooling and not taking no for an answer but the slightly older men and women, the modern ones very nice.

Never done Egypt, the troubles put us off and we've heard its a bit like Blackpool in the sand with hot weather and be prepared to be taken for a ride but that applies to many other places I guess.

Considered China and the Great Wall tour, but too far

Thanks

I did a family holiday one year to Cyprus and a popular package tour from there was a weekend by ferry/bus to the Cairo museum and pyramids. It was a good deal and well recommended, but it was a bit of a culture shock to the kids at the time.

Sponsored Links
Egyptians would steal the coins off their dead grannies eyes . you see it at the tourist sights targeting elderly and trying to steer them away from the tour groups . Got robbed by tourist police at gun point but at least he cuddled me and thanked me afterwards

There are thousands of gods which each cult thinking theirs is the "correct" one. It largely comes down to where people are born to which God they believe in, nothing more. Just the luck of the draw.
The latest and most successful of all times is God Covid, the Magnificent...

Hmmm. Once looked into a major family expedition to Egypt & especially the pyramids. A place that has captured & fascinated me since childhood.

I have a photo of me dad as a young soldier posing in front of the great pyramid & would dearly like to recreate it.

We got brochures & other bumpf from a Co' that did a 1 month tour that included all the excursions, sights etc as a part of a Nile cruise. It was only while reading the very detailed itinery did the first Mrs. Lard put a firm stop to it . . . . . Arrive airport, armed guard from airport to hotel, armed guard from hotel to boat. Armed guard while boat sails to Luxor. Armed guard excursion to Valley of the Kings etc. etc. etc.

You have to hand your camera in at the door of the great pyramid get given a receipt then the thieving bassa`s charge you to get your camera back . Threw the guy at dashhur a couple quid and he let me take it in .

The powers that be will never stop finding things for the plebs to be afraid of, real or not. Woe betide anyone who doesn't automatically follow the masses in their hysteria.

The conspiracy nutters will never stop finding crackpot things to believe in, real or not. Woe betide anyone who doesn't automatically follow them in their hysteria

Are you suggesting that because I obey COVID rules I somehow enjoy them? I want rid of COVID and it’s restrictions the same as anyone else. Just saying that Canada is strict and is no place for the likes of you Andy. Fast and loose won’t work here boyo.

In trying to get the remaining unvaccinated vaccinated the latest propaganda drive as shown on local news the other night was to ask, vox pop style, several people in the street what they thought of those who had chosen not to be jabbed. "Selfish" was the overwhelming reply. Selfish, and inconsiderate of their fellow man.

Selfish? I'll tell you who's selfish: the vaccinated.

Very few of the vaccinated will have done it for altruistic reasons; some will have done it out of fear but the majority will have done it so they can go on holiday. The last few unvaxxed standing are the selfless and altruistic. The likes of the Canadian freedom convoy truckers, risking their livelihoods to fight tyrants like Justin Turdo.

Hmmm. Once looked into a major family expedition to Egypt & especially the pyramids. A place that has captured & fascinated me since childhood.

I have a photo of me dad as a young soldier posing in front of the great pyramid & would dearly like to recreate it.

We got brochures & other bumpf from a Co' that did a 1 month tour that included all the excursions, sights etc as a part of a Nile cruise. It was only while reading the very detailed itinery did the first Mrs. Lard put a firm stop to it . . . . . Arrive airport, armed guard from airport to hotel, armed guard from hotel to boat. Armed guard while boat sails to Luxor. Armed guard excursion to Valley of the Kings etc. etc. etc.
On a trip to Jordan we had our own armed policeman with us at all times, very handy crossing busy roads, he just marched out and stopped traffic, it was a condition of a peace agreement with Israel apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back