How many cameras does TOP GEAR have?

L

longdogs

I was watching another repeat of top gear the other day, the one where they have to build a kit car in before the Stig can drive up from London before they finish it.

Every few seconds there was film of the Stig- On the motorway, on a country road, going over a bridge, round a bend, overtaking, even a helicopter shot. Then a little bit about the Stig having a pee in a service station.

I was wondering if they have hundreds of cameras sited all over the country just waiting for someone from top gear to emerge from round a bend or whether they have to keep stopping the car so that they can film a few seconds and then move on to the next shot etc etc.

Obviously, we are all supposed to believe that it is a genuine race so stopping the car every few miles wouldn't be an option. I can only assume therefore that they use hundreds of cameras.

Or could it all be b*ll*cks

Sponsored Links
Yes, you're right it would be difficult to do but they probably used at least 2 very good motorcyclists with camera operators on the back.They would easily keep up with Stig and keep 'leap frogging' each other. One would be following him and radio the others. Or could all be your P.S.

The BBC has thousands of cameras that can be loaned out.

They're getting a little lazy now about letting the fake stuff show.

I remember that episode though - led to me buying a car. I mis-read the cost of that Caterham and thought it cost £1500 (instead of £15000) and went looking at kit cars. Ended up with a JBA Falcon a few weeks later, lovely looking car.

Sponsored Links
They normally do it....then do it again to get the shots so they can get the cameras in position. Especially for things like the races where you see cameras back from the road with the car driving past etc.

A mate of mine knows the cameramen on the show and even does some himself.

I've been watching that Michael Portatohead train programme, where he drones on and on about Hitler's guidebook to bomb Britain, and the camera just happens to be running when the train arrives at the station, missing out the 3 hours delay, then a wide angle shot, or helicopter shot, of a completely different train! Then back to his waffle on the train to one of his 'fans', then longshot to a different train again. The BBC must spend millions for helicopter shots, that can't really be recycled.

TopGear and JC, are a joke. JC wants to become notorious, but is clearly an idiot. Wonder what his response to his Mexico slurs will be on Sunday? More pathetic blathering on presumably. I wish the origional TG team that booted JC off, setup again, but without him, to explain car maintainence, and properly testing a car, rather than crashing cars, caravans, stupid racing, burning out tyres. It's Soooooo '80's asbo's...with your Cossies, and Nova joyriding.....given the chance, I'd love to shove a BBC camera up Jeremy's arse, but not in a sexual way. And his Mother invented a stupid puppet.

Good grief MM lighten up!! It's an entertainment programme, if it was completely factual it would be on the Discovery Channel. Yes, JC can be slightly annoying with his apparent lack of mechanical knowledge, but six and a half million viewers like it, me included. People need to take a step back from all this political correctness, because in the not too distant future we will all barely speak to each other for fear of committing some alleged offence.

Sponsored Links
Back