mobile speed camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Almost got flashed by one a few days ago. Dual carriageway with a left bend. Just round the bend, nothing parked in the carriageway, except the camera van, blocking the left lane. People do park there, and there are no restrictions, but the camera van was the only thing there at the time.

Are they allowed to do this??? You would think the camera van would not be allowed to "influence" the flow/speed of traffic due to its position!

As it was, as I came round the bend, there was a car to my right, behind me who wanted to overtake me, so I had to cut in front of him to pass the camera van, and in so doing, so I didnt cause an accident, I (subconsciously) sped up slightly, pasing the van at about 43mph. If I hadnt been pressed into suddenly having to move into the right lane, I would have passed it at 40.

Crafty buggers.

Sponsored Links
Totally agree these mobile vans are placed in such positions to generate maximum revenue

Makes me sick this country is the dogs breath!!!!!

Not making any judgements but others may form a different opinion.
As you were aware of the approaching bend, and also the car behind wanting to pass you, you should have anticipated that there may be a hidden danger and slowed down more in order to let the other driver pass before the bend. This would have removed the need for you to 'subconsciously speed up' and cut in front of the other driver. Imagine the consequences if it had not been a speed camera waiting around the bend but a multiple car crash. Where would you have steered to? Always better to err on the side of caution when approaching bends and slow down slightly.

I have seen mobile speed cameras positioned in such a place that they would potentially cause an accident. What you should have done , is to drive back round that route and taken some photo's of the position of the van, then complain to the local council and police about the positioning of the vehicle.

Someone round our way recently photographed a police car parked completely on the pavement and had the photo published in the local rag. Apparently, they were not on an emergency call. The police response was that , had they parked (legally on the road) they would have caused an obstruction. How on earth can you park legally on the road and cause an obstruction????? Surely if you park on the road causing an obstruction, it's illegal???
The law is surely an ass. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
They should pass a law that the police are subject to the laws of the land the rules of the highway.

Oh, wait...

Two of the worst bits of dangerous driving I've ever seen have been traffic cops on exercise. Once on the A1(M) where they appeared to be playing a version of tag, and another on a country lane where the aim of the game appeared to be overtaking in as dangerous a manner as possible into oncoming traffic.

But, like most people in this country I settle for an easy life instead of heading straight to the constabulary and filing a pointless complaint.

I expect anyone driving into an illegally/badly parked mobile camera would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, regardless of fault.

I have seen mobile speed cameras positioned in such a place that they would potentially cause an accident. What you should have done , is to drive back round that route and taken some photo's of the position of the van, then complain to the local council and police about the positioning of the vehicle.

Someone round our way recently photographed a police car parked completely on the pavement and had the photo published in the local rag. Apparently, they were not on an emergency call. The police response was that , had they parked (legally on the road) they would have caused an obstruction. How on earth can you park legally on the road and cause an obstruction????? Surely if you park on the road causing an obstruction, it's illegal???
The law is surely an ass. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You mean this one john :D

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/n...ment-city/article-3451480-detail/article.html

Go live some place else.

The middle east is nice and warm where you are free to speak as you see fit.

There are plenty of seismically active countries too.

Lots with deadly tornados, hurricanes and typhoons.

Plenty that have tidal waves also.

I love this country me.

Go live some place else.

The middle east is nice and warm where you are free to speak as you see fit.

There are plenty of seismically active countries too.

Lots with deadly tornados, hurricanes and typhoons.

Plenty that have tidal waves also.

I love this country me.

Oh look, what's this, another flame because someone doesn't like my opinion, seems to be the norm on here, and you even got a "thank you" for your sarcasm, awesome!!!

If i felt this way about the country in which i live i would leave.
Only a fool would stay.

Wouldn't leave my family, my kids are too young and would prefer them to grow up regularly seeing nans/grandads etc.... with a bit of luck I can retire in Spain or something

See how civil a response can be, you should try it!

How awful for you to have to tolerate such a hideous country, yet for such a noble cause as keeping the family together.

You deserve a medal for living in a country as bad as the U.K.

Good on yer!

I bet the people of impoverished, war torn countries salute you in your bravery.

How awful for you to have to tolerate such a hideous country, yet for such a noble cause as keeping the family together.

You deserve a medal for living in a country as bad as the U.K.

Good on yer!

I bet the people of impoverished, war torn countries salute you in your bravery.

You really are bored tonight arn't you, just face facts I don't like the UK never have and never will so get over yourself and quit your filthy whining

Sponsored Links
Back