Speeding ticket!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
34 in a 30 limit.....parked up camera van, no excuses, first offence.
Whats the likely punishment - £60 fine and 3 points, or would I qualify for a speed awareness course with an increased fine?
John :)

Sponsored Links
That's a bit rough. You can't drive with an eye permanently on the speedo.

In what way does a fine educate someone who had no intention of speeding? :confused:

In what way does a fine educate someone who had no intention of speeding? :confused:
That's interesting Joe. I once mentioned this topic and you had, how shall I say, a somewhat different take. ;)

How good is your memory? :evil:

Sponsored Links
You can't drive with an eye permanently on the speedo.

Since our enviro-tw@ mayor (he with the red trousers :rolleyes: ) introduced a 20mph limit in certain areas, we now have to in Bristol. Because it's not all areas, you can literally drive down one road at 30, turn into another road that's 20, then round the corner back to 30. Everyone ignores it anyway. :cool:

Bloody nightmare, what with having some of the most congested streets in UK, plus numerous other signs, humps, chichanes, bus lanes, cyclists, etc, etc, etc.

It's bloody war out there! (Jack Regan)

Sorry John, I digress.

Depends where you live re: the awareness course, but a minimum of £100 plus 3 points for a ticket.

https://www.gov.uk/speeding-penalties

Worse if the vehicle is leased - as the lease company is the registered keeper, the ticket goes to them. They then forward it onto you (often at an admin. charge - my last leased company car was charged at £35 per time.)

Joe's post is bang on - however, it is black-and-white whether you have sped or not, and therefore easy to relieve you of cash.
Proving someone has driven like a berk is not a simple cash cow. Hence, momentary lapses of concentration are simple money generators, whereas wanton, habitual disregard for other road users certainly costs us more than the rozzers / courts are ever likely to recoup.

That's interesting Joe. I once mentioned this topic and you had, how shall I say, a somewhat different take. ;)

It wasn't me. I never dun it. :confused:

It wasn't me. I never dun it. :confused:
It's ok. I can forgive and forget... (So long as you don't test me ;) )

I've got green eyes but I'm black. ;)
:LOL:

Sorry to hear it Burnerman btw. It's f-all to do with safety and great for the Gov Coffers.

Inappropriate speeding is a problem and dangerous. But 'they' don't see a difference. Will post a pic I did years ago soon on Safe Speed.

Now for a beer and then buddy bies. ..

Over here in Naaarfolk, unofficially it's limit + 10% + 2, so in a 30 limit, that s 30 + 3 + 2 = 35. (even us carrot crunchers can do sums)

Sat in one of the camera vans for a while, and the detail shown on the camera screen is top-notch. They aim the laser ranger at the number plate, to get the best return signal (deffo NOT the windscreen)

DH

Speed awareness or £100 fine IIRC. Got done in Cumbria doing 79mph on the M6 a few week back. Looked it up as I thought going under 80 I'd be ok. How silly of me - lowest they can do you on is 79.

Sponsored Links
Back