Possible Speeding Ticket

Sponsored Links
Hawkeye is very fond of handing out legal advice.

Maybe one day it will be right.

Well I don't do too badly. Having not paid a TV licence fee or parking fine for years I'd say it cuts the mustard. You're the one talking sh1t.

Something's not quite right there then! Either the black lines were added since the Streetview image (i.e. after re-surfacing) you looked up, OR, the camera wasn't actually the early Truvelo camera from 1999. Sorry for any false hope I may have given you in the mean time!

This is the Type Approval from the government for the 'Truvelo Combi smc' camera(i.e. the early one). They are literally not allowed to work without the black lines in the road. I'd guess it was a newer type of Truvelo, like @sodthisforfun mentioned on Sunday.

View attachment 147893

Here's the manual for the camera if you don't believe me!!

http://www.drinkdriving.org/governm...ed-detection/truvelo-combi-s-mc-scs(1999).pdf

In any case there seems no point in contesting it. I may have a drive down but that won't prove much.

Well it's a commercial court doing business -the business is generated from you paying and complying with the process. Lawfully you are quite entitled to return the NIP and write 'no contract, return to sender' but again, there is a lot that go wrong and you need to know your rights. You're better off putting your signature all over it like every other mug and getting shafted, energy better spent elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
1st offence 38 in a 30 as you are below the automatic summons limit, there is a good chance you will be offered speed awareness particularly if its a passenger vehicle and not a commercial vehicle.
can't give you legal advice, but if it was me, I'd fill out the form and take my chances.

At this stage you are only telling them who was driving not pleading guilty to the offence.

There are lots of ways to play silly buggers and even dodge both points and speed awareness, but I'd take it on the chin.

1st offence 38 in a 30 as you are below the automatic summons limit, there is a good chance you will be offered speed awareness particularly if its a passenger vehicle and not a commercial vehicle.
can't give you legal advice, but if it was me, I'd fill out the form and take my chances.

At this stage you are only telling them who was driving not pleading guilty to the offence.

There are lots of ways to play silly buggers and even dodge both points and speed awareness, but I'd take it on the chin.

It was a passenger car. So the law applies differently to say a tradesman in his Van?

Well it's a commercial court doing business -the business is generated from you paying and complying with the process. Lawfully you are quite entitled to return the NIP and write 'no contract, return to sender' but again, there is a lot that go wrong and you need to know your rights. You're better off putting your signature all over it like every other mug and getting shafted, energy better spent elsewhere.
Common law is crapped upon by commercial/admiralty 'law' time and time again because people are ignorant of their rights...

But as you correctly say, most people will think 'energy better spent elsewhere'...

That's how they (the establishment/vested interests) get away with it - making it as difficult as possible to challenge a corrupt system!

Last edited:
Which do you do, Freeman Hawk?:sneaky:

Common law is crapped upon by commercial/admiralty 'law' time and time again because people are ignorant of their rights...

But as you correctly say, most people will think 'energy better spent elsewhere'...

That's how they (the establishment/vested interests) get away with it - making it as difficult as possible to challenge a corrupt system!

Admiralty law is for the sea mate but it's good of you to mention it because that is the instrument used by the state to extort money from people unbeknownst to them.

You don't need to tell me about how to use energy, I long since figured out what battles are and are not worth fighting. And yes there is an industry set up to trap the victim every step of the way - do people, I wonder, see the irony in the term 'speed trap'.

So yes my advice is to pay it and move on. It'll end up in the hands on the DVLA who will want the licence sent back to put points on it. Then it will get to the stage where the DVLA will mark the car and then of course the car will be picked up by police ANPR once marked and effectually, sieze (another term for steal the vehicle) - all legal of course because the rights to the vehicle are with the DVLA which was agreed to by the victim upon signing for the driver's licence. There are ways around this too of course ;) but that's not for here.

So yes pay it and don't forget to come on a public forum to have a moan though :)

Which do you do, Freeman Hawk?:sneaky:

'Freeman' is just a term used to clump people who have woken up to the fraudulent nature of the system. I'm not a freeman because I live in the UK , and yes I have all the same contracts you do with the state : drivers licence, tax, insurance, the list goes on. Doesn't mean I cant share my knowledge or bemoan the reality of the situation - which is pretty dire let's be honest. I'm grateful to have running water, food to eat and electricity -certainly wouldn'tchange many of the hard woes we live with, because let's be honest I don't know any better way - but fukc me if I'm going to live comfortably in servitude. If the state wants to rob me I won't take it lying down.

. . . all legal of course because the rights to the vehicle are with the DVLA which was agreed to by the victim upon signing for the driver's licence. There are ways around this too of course ;) but that's not for here.

So yes pay it and don't forget to come on a public forum to have a moan though :)

This nonsense you are spouting could actually be quite dangerous to some idiot researching FMOTL who happens to chance upon your gobshite.

For the benefit of potential FMOTL'rs & Truthers, you need to be Googling de-registering & unregistered vehicles. It is possible to hold a UK driving licence & enjoy a non registered vehicle, if you know what you're doing . . .

This nonsense you are spouting could actually be quite dangerous to some idiot researching FMOTL who happens to chance upon your gobshite.

For the benefit of potential FMOTL'rs & Truthers, you need to be Googling de-registering & unregistered vehicles. It is possible to hold a UK driving licence & enjoy a non registered vehicle, if you know what you're doing . . .

Edit: changed my tune.

I assume you register the vehicle in a trust etc etc. I'm all ears if you'd like to educate me further ..

Edit: changed my tune.

I assume you register the vehicle in a trust etc etc. I'm all ears if you'd like to educate me further ..

There you go again, confirming your total & utter ignorance of yet another subject.

Do I look like your ****ing teacher?

There you go again, confirming your total & utter ignorance of yet another subject.

Do I look like your ****ing teacher?

Ok, so there are three points of contention here. Firstly, you interject by slamming my posts, implying as though someone coming here looking for freeman of the land advice would be stupid to listen to me. Why anyone would come here, and more specifically to this thread, for freeman of the land advice is anyone's guess - clearly you believe there is a risk of that. I ask you to revisit your statement about that.

Secondly, you then impart your own freeman of the land (or how a freeman of the land can do better) advice, without actually stating what it is they can do better - you make some woolly, unclear statement about enjoying registered and unregistered details.. meerpph

Thirdly, I ask for more information , you then vomit back at me with some outrage about not being a teacher. Implying as though you hold some knowledge of some value that you are happy to withhold - or let's say not share in the discussion, and as though I asked for your opinion in the first place. You mearly stuck your nose in at the last minute in a gnarly teeth sort of way.

In conclusion i can only presume that your reason for posting is to subvert and therefore derail the thread to get it locked in order to shut down debate. :) and I wonder why you would want to do that ..:) .....

Rather interesting that a seeming non-participant of the thread suddenly comes alive claiming to hold the golden challace of knowledge lol. Further, your use of abbreviations for those above terms gives me reason to believe you are quite the active little participant of this subject, in one way or the other :) I wonder where your colours lie :)

Do people believe what you tell them ? ;)

Sponsored Links
Back