speeding fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My girlfriend's daughter got a speeding ticket when working in the Cotswolds. It's for an incident early in the week when she was caught by a hidden camera. She now thinks she was speeding on the same stretch all last week - so what is the likely outcome? More tickets? Ban? Anyone know?

Sponsored Links
Joe-90
If your girlfriend's daughter has been speeding on that track for last few days or so.
If she is to be prosecuted for speeding, the registered keeper will receive a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) within 14 days.
If no news within 14 days, she's off the hook!

She's already got a ticket for the first offence - but what if she was doing it all week?

Sponsored Links
She's already got a ticket for the first offence - but what if she was doing it all week?

Then she deserves to get done.

The notice she has must be dated, so if it was for an offence on the monday then she might have some more coming in.

Before anyone tells me to get off my high horse i have been done for speeding 7 or 8 times, no excuses, not proud of the fact, but i was speeding, got caught got fined, end of.

I have never said oh why dont you go and catch some real criminals, if you speed you might get caught, why moan, if she was unlucky to get caught 5 times in a week then she deserves to be banned.

if she wants to protect her licence and be a good driver tell to do what my mum does, drive within the speed limit and with due care and attention of the road conditions and she will never get done for speeding, quite simple

I agree. I got booked 15 years ago and learned my lesson - but the point I'm asking is: Do the daily tickets get totalled up or not? What is the likely outcome. I'm not interested in your driving history.

She now thinks she was speeding on the same stretch all last week - so what is the likely outcome? More tickets? Ban? Anyone know?
Normally yes, but I'm not up to date now, about 5 yrs ago a friend of mine got done 4 times on the same road in 1 week and got a 3 months ban. I think it's all difference now if they agreed to go on a day driving course which waivers the points but not the fine, like I say I'm not up to date now. I think depends on many mph over the limit, all she can do is wait and see. As mentioned if she don't hear anything within 14 days then got away with it.

I think it's highly likely that she will get more tickets. I would imagine that every time the camera flashes as you go past it, it triggers the automatic ticket process.

I don't imagine they wait to see if you do it again and add them all together!

If, hypothetically, she was to get a separate ticket for every day last week then I guess her chances of getting a ban are greatly increased.

However, I don't have any definitive knowledge of the system, it's just my opinion that's all :)

I agree. I got booked 15 years ago and learned my lesson - but the point I'm asking is: Do the daily tickets get totalled up or not? What is the likely outcome. I'm not interested in your driving history.

what do you mean totalled up? are you asking if they will somehow be lenient on her if she gets 4 seperate letters sent over a few days and in effect will find herself banned before she realises it has happened, as opposed to me who was done over a period of years and knew my licence had points which effected the way i drove) each offence is seperate and incurs a 3pt penalty, so if she is stupid/reckless enough to speed everyday then she could get done 5 times with a result that she will get banned after the 4th one, and when she gets her license back she will have another 3 points. i know you dont care about my driving history, just i as i dont care about your girlfriends daughter or whether she gets banned, i merely commented i had been done before someone commented i was looking down my nose at her, i heard of someone who got done on the A1 coming back up to scotland on a motorbike, she got done twice on the same journey by going through the cameras so she didnt know about them till she got lettered , done twice and because she had pts on her licence she got banned, her submission to the court waas it was unfair to do her with spped cameras because if she had been done by coppers she would have slowed down and not got done the second time, the court took her statement into account, done her twice and gave her 6 pts, and answered they wernt liable for her actions, she was, in effect she didnt get banned for getting done twice on that day she got done because the 6 pts added to her earlier offences which were her responsibility, and if she drove within the speed limit all the time she would have kept her licence. given the mileage a lot of us do and the time constraints we find ourselves in most of us speed at some time(not big or clever but we do it anyway) if your girlfriends daughter is so reckless as to speed everyday then she must know she is doing it and therefore takes a chance, i assume she was unaware of the camera (obviously) and felt she is a good enough driver to ignore the rules, let us know if she gets banned

It was 37 mph in a 30 zone. A village location after a national speed limit stretch and she eased off but didn't slow fast enough. Not THAT reckless really.

i have been done for speeding 7 or 8 times, no excuses, not proud of the fact, but i was speeding, got caught got fined, end of.

But presumably your convictions were over a long period of time...????
Otherwise you would have been banned after the fourth offence, within a three year period, and that's the 'best case scenario'.

I think Joe90 was referring to convictions in quick succession, not over a long period of time.

In which case yes..........Go through an active camera 10 times in a week and you will get ten tickets. But they are not always active.

EDIT..... Sorry, posted about the same time......Didn't see your last post.

It was 37 mph in a 30 zone. A village location after a national speed limit stretch and she eased off but didn't slow fast enough. Not THAT reckless really.
Once maybe joe,but to do it all week would suggest surely driving without undue care and attention not to notice that there was a speed camera there.

She still doesn't know where it is. A lot of people get caught by not braking when entering a 30 zone.

She still doesn't know where it is. A lot of people get caught by not braking when entering a 30 zone.
That's interesting. I thought speed cameras were supposed to be 'visible' and there should have been warning signs leading up to it.

Having never been caught speeding,(thats not to say I don't,) when a ticket is sent through the post do they have to tell you where the camera is,was and is there not a sign to warn of possible speed cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back