speeding fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
She still doesn't know where it is. A lot of people get caught by not braking when entering a 30 zone.
That's interesting. I thought speed cameras were supposed to be 'visible' and there should have been warning signs leading up to it.
I thought that aswell but found this article.
Guidelines aren't mentioned in the law, so if the speed camera that flashed you was hidden from view it will not affect the allegation of speeding that's been brought against you. However, you should report the camera's location to The Department of Transport, as doing so should result in the particular authority being removed from the "netting-off scheme" which allows them to keep part of the revenue collected by their speed cameras.

Sponsored Links
bridgend_talivan.jpg

Are you sure you are not talking about yourself Joe?

Sponsored Links
Don't know if every area does it, photo could be viewed on line for Wiltshire. mind you the staff will be getting theirs soon - all sacked !!

...Motorists in Wiltshire will now have to watch their own speed after Government cuts have forced the closure of the county’s traffic camera unit.
The Wiltshire and Swindon Camera Safety Partnership will end this Autumn with around 40 people losing their jobs...
Some may say ... 'What goes around, comes around.'

-0-

Joe I hope you do the decent thing and keep her car safe and sound and perhaps allow her the sole use of your garage for the next year or so.

She will appreciate that gesture as she is waiting at the bus stop every day! :LOL: :LOL:

Joe the wife is a Senior Crown Prosecutor I've just asked her your question and you get a NIP for every one, so if it was Monday, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri you would get 5 NIPS.

As a soothing point, camera van locations are decided months in advance (they don't just find a spot and think, "I'll sit here") and usually only lasts a day and are somewhere else the next day.

37 in a 30 limit hardly worth the agro of writing a ticket , you are as I understand it entitled to see the photographic evidence although a fee may be payable , you can also ask to see the calibration certificate of the detector if it was being used by a police officer ( hand held )

MCN have been runnung articles for years showing how in_adequate some of these devices are !!

37 in a 30 limit hardly worth the agro of writing a ticket , you are as I understand it entitled to see the photographic evidence although a fee may be payable , you can also ask to see the calibration certificate of the detector if it was being used by a police officer ( hand held )

MCN have been runnung articles for years showing how in_adequate some of these devices are !!

Not quite true. You can only request photographic evidence, or calibration data from devices if you take the case to court. Some forces/SCP's do send out photographic evidence with the NIP but not many.

Some will allow you to view thw photo online.

She will receive a ticket for each offence

Joe if your girlfriend,s daughter has been caught speeding on more than one occasion, she will be penalised for each one.
She maybe able to get off the first offense, by taking a speed awareness course.
Although you can attempt to persuade the Police to offer a speed awareness course, the decision is entirely at their discretion.
Most Police forces will only offer courses to first time offenders or to motorists who have committed a relatively minor offence.

Hopefully she was a bit more careful on the other days. It's annoying though because when you get one ticket you slow down. When you get 4 in a row it doesn't give you a better wake up call when you didn't know you were getting them.

I'll get her some false plates to tide her over.

Anyone that reckess shouldnt be driving. Personally, she should be banned. :LOL:

Does she live in council house? Most people that 'speed' tend to.

P46.

I'll get her some false plates to tide her over.

vvank3r would be a good one for starters. Or would you like to buy
CRY 848Y for £1750?

Hopefully she was a bit more careful on the other days. It's annoying though because when you get one ticket you slow down. When you get 4 in a row it doesn't give you a better wake up call when you didn't know you were getting them.
Lets stop pretending that Speed Cameras are there to slow drivers down. If someone is bloody minded enough to break the speed limit at speeds that are likely to kill an/or cause serious accidents, they couldn't give a flying **** how many cameras are around.

Speed Cameras are there to collect cash.

If she were banned for doing 37 in a 30 zone and everyone else that ever did that was banned - I'd have the road to myself. :rolleyes:

No you would not.

As for false plates, she will be picked up quicker than the brass parading around Kings Cross. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back