Speed awareness course?

Sponsored Links
i don't want to do the course because i know what i did wrong etc and it costs 50% more than the fine. So i asked about the three points and my insurance to weigh up the costs.
I don't know about the speed awareness course but I have been on one with the police driver via my company part of the training hours owing back to company, anyway, like most people we think we know it all regarding our driving habit, it was very interesting, one of them was when to change lane not because of heavy traffic, it's all about knowing what going to happen ahead of you!
AND what's going on behind you.

i don't want to do the course because i know what i did wrong etc and it costs 50% more than the fine. So i asked about the three points and my insurance to weigh up the costs.
I don't know about the speed awareness course but I have been on one with the police driver via my company part of the training hours owing back to company, anyway, like most people we think we know it all regarding our driving habit, it was very interesting, one of them was when to change lane not because of heavy traffic, it's all about knowing what going to happen ahead of you!
and to each side of you

and to each side of you
And when your being chased by the traffic cops in a full on, hot pursuit, above you.

Sponsored Links
I know, I couldn't be bothered to type it all ;)

Regarding the course, the letter says i must produce a photocard driving license - anyone know why?... and all i have is the old paper one, and it says i must reply within 7 days.... so i'm not gonna get a photocard license in 7 days, so decision made for me !!! :rolleyes: ho hum!

I would imagine so they can ensure the driver really attends in person. I've seen cases in the press where people get others to do their driver's test.

Regarding the course, the letter says i must produce a photocard driving license - anyone know why?... and all i have is the old paper one, and it says i must reply within 7 days.... so i'm not gonna get a photocard license in 7 days, so decision made for me !!! :rolleyes: ho hum!

I would imagine so they can ensure the driver really attends in person. I've seen cases in the press where people get others to do their driver's test.
Or, one would suppose that martian could either:

(a) explain the situation and they'd accept a passport with his driving licence
(b) explain the situation and they'd allow sufficient time for a photo driving licence to be issued.

Either way, the licence is going to have to be submitted anyway.

First speeding offence in 25 years.

Incidentally, is that the first time you've gone over the speed limit, or the first time you've been caught over the speed limit? ;)

I'm not going to lie. I have, on occasion, over the last 29 years, slightly exceeded the posted mandatory maximum speed limit.

I'm not proud, but in my defence, it was *rarely* in a 30, always A roads and motorways.

But the point being made here is they accept they broke the law but find the law silly.

Cannot have it both ways,

Does anyone know if i might get an offer of the course, should i get caught again?

It depends on many things. Your speed, if there are any courses available in your area at the time, which way the wind is blowing. . .

Also, you can only attend one course in any three year period, and you must be invited, you can't apply.

I was invited to more than one (like I said before, I'm not going to reveal how many times I went through the same b$%^&*& camera in one week), but I could only go once, so had to cough up and take the points (as well!).

Sponsored Links
Back