Speed awareness course?

Regarding the course, the letter says i must produce a photocard driving license - anyone know why?... and all i have is the old paper one, and it says i must reply within 7 days.... so i'm not gonna get a photocard license in 7 days, so decision made for me !!! :rolleyes: ho hum!

Just remembered. You get a choice of dates (well in my neck of the woods you do). You have 7 days to reply, but you will have weeks before you actually go. Probably time to get that licence renewed.

Sponsored Links
I have just been offered a speed awareness course. £80 and no points. Definitely worth it.

I notice you are in west midlands. Hubby got caught doing 47 in 40 zone on Friday and went to police station this am to be told west midlands dont do speed awareness course. He doesnt want the points. Did you get stopped in west midlands?

Sponsored Links
I think the question was meant to indicate "was he photographed" rather than stopped.

I think the question was meant to indicate "was he photographed" rather than stopped.

stopped, breathalised, tyres checked, the third degree. Had to produce documents in 7 days, yet they checked that he had insurance, tax and clean license on radio as he sat in back of car....embarrassed :oops:

Ahh so he had a "producer" and they thought he may have been drinking.
They always want to see the paper docs after.

I have just been offered a speed awareness course. £80 and no points. Definitely worth it.

I notice you are in west midlands. Hubby got caught doing 47 in 40 zone on Friday and went to police station this am to be told west midlands dont do speed awareness course. He doesnt want the points. Did you get stopped in west midlands?

I was pictured by one of the police speed "trap" vans. Maybe they don't offer these courses if you get pulled over by the police.

LOL, say it as you see it.
But yes I agree, he was either going "for it" , all over the place. Or on crossings junctions.
This gets their backs up.

At 7 over the limit he should be eligible.

Just odd that he's got a producer for that though.

He should receive official documentation confirming his options/penalty shortly.

Sponsored Links
Back