How many inches did YOU get last night?

shall we see later when Im back wether mods have banned this thread ..lol :) :) :) :)

Sponsored Links
spark.. hope if you live rurally... you check on the older people and make sure if they havent got fuel, that they have got blankets..
Im not a do gooder... honest.. but it is a crucial time.

Poshman [are you TOFFee's other half], I did lose alot in metrification. Filled in the form wrong or something.

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

poshman said:
should we be talking centimetres and millimetres in 2006 :?: how many mm's in 4 inches.. no cheating BTW dry as bone here
And a certain Euro MP want's to change all the road signs so that we can be brought up to the same standards as the EU??? Why don't we all drive on @that@ side of the road as soon as this happens? No confusion then??? :confused: :cry: ;) :evil: Hairyjon

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
toffee said:
Bas.... I do not expect that from you!
Snow?

There's supposedly a story (i.e. probably apocryphal) about a news presenter in the US who was linking to a weather report the day after snow had been forecast, ans she said "So, Bob - what happened to that eight inches you promised me last night?"

Alternatively

John Snow was dating June...

One day they got down to 'doing the business' whilst her parents were out..

However, on surprising the copulating couple on their return, her father said....

F*ck me...that's the first time I've seen 8 inches of snow in june...!

An oldie, but a goodie.. ;)

poshman said:
should we be talking centimetres and millimetres in 2006 :?: how many mm's in 4 inches.. no cheating BTW dry as bone here

hairyjon
aye ... nightmare ... road signs etc ..
Blackpool Golden mile ... eh whats that metric ..lol

LOL @ ellal :) :) :)

Moz said:
hairyjon
aye ... nightmare ... road signs etc ..
Blackpool Golden mile ... eh whats that metric ..lol

LOL @ ellal :) :) :)

Blackpool 5/8th's! :eek: Hairyjon

We've got about 6 inches of snow here in Winnipeg so far today. It's still snowing now. If it snows all night, I'll probably be out for a few hours tomorrow blowing snow out of the parking lot.

I'll just have to wait to see how bad it is by tomorrow morning.

Does the UK get enough snow that most people own snowblowers to clear their driveways like they do here? Do you ever get blizzards in the UK?

B lo w job for a car park .... weird antics in kanata... ;)

Nestor_Kelebay said:
We've got about 6 inches of snow here in Winnipeg so far today. It's still snowing now. If it snows all night, I'll probably be out for a few hours tomorrow blowing snow out of the parking lot.

I'll just have to wait to see how bad it is by tomorrow morning.

Does the UK get enough snow that most people own snowblowers to clear their driveways like they do here? Do you ever get blizzards in the UK?

We very occasionally get blizzards, but in general anything more than an inch of snow, and the country grinds to a halt. I don't know anyone who has a snow blower.

"I don't know anyone who has a snow blower."

Except Pete Docherty ,lol ;)

Nestor
he is a brit pop star always up in court for drug offenses ...

hairyjon said:
[Why don't we all drive on @that@ side of the road as soon as this happens?

Lorries first to get used to it, then the week after all privat cars.
:D :D

Eddie M said:
We very occasionally get blizzards, but in general anything more than an inch of snow, and the country grinds to a halt. I don't know anyone who has a snow blower.

When I was a kid, I remember one blizzard we got where we couldn't get out of our house because the snow prevented us from opening the doors. When we did get out, my two sisters and I were playing by walking up the snow drift onto the roof of our house and then jumping off into the snow below.

But, that wasn't a typical blizzard, and all of Southern Manitoba ground to a halt before we could dig out.

Nestor_Kelebay said:
Eddie M said:

When I was a kid, I remember one blizzard we got where we couldn't get out of our house because the snow prevented us from opening the doors. When we did get out, my two sisters and I were playing by walking up the snow drift onto the roof of our house and then jumping off into the snow below.

But, that wasn't a typical blizzard, and all of Southern Manitoba ground to a halt before we could dig out.

We just pray that the Atlantic conveyor keeps going, otherwise we'll be as cold as Novia Scotia. Brrr.

But on a serious note, most of the UK housing stock is not suitable for such conditions. I short, we will freeze.

Sponsored Links
Back