How many people still have a landline here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Reason I ask is because Bt are going to phase out the landline phone network by Dec 2025 (PTSN Public Switched a telephone Network)

I still have the good old landline

Sponsored Links
Have the line for broadband only, haven't had a phone connected to a landline for a long time. Don't need it. With FaceTime mobile etc. work mobile and personal.. I am as contactable as I want to be.

Sponsored Links
We have a landline - comes with the broadband package. Only people that phone us on it is the MIL and our daughter. We only use it to phone out if it’s a freephone number. Other than that, we both have mobiles with unlimited calls so we use them.

I have broadband, copper for the final few yards [1], which included a phone line - but calls cost me nowt extra on the mobile, so that is used for all outgoing calls. A free calls pack on the landline, was much more expensive than the same via mobile - So the landline only used for incoming calls.

[1] I doubt it will be too long, before my FTTC is no longer, then I will have to decide whether to retain the landline number at all.

Landlines are staying. Just not coming the same route as will be over the internet.
Still coming over the copper wires but a different way so you need internet. Think BT will give you basic internet if you don't have it already so you can keep your landline.
The user won't know any difference. All works the same.

KC is is doing the same. I had a fault on our landline, so they just switched ours over early.

@Harry Bloomfield
If you don't have a mobile phone and need the landline, I was reading a powered backup supply will be supplied.

I wonder If they underestimate the number of people this will effect, and the cost involved in supplying this kit?

Sponsored Links
Back