How many will I need

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,
Looking to plan a layout for Gu10 Kosnic downlighters in my living room, for mood lighting.
Room is 3.3mx3.6m the ceiling height is 2.4m. But will still have a pendant light in the middle of the room.
Going to use Kosnic 5w GU10 they have a spread of 36 Deg and was wondering how much light that would spread to over the different heights of the room to immerse it in light.
Are there any general rules regarding having them to close to ceiling edge etc, to prevent shadows and so on?
Looking to do this in kitchen also that will be 3.4mx6m.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Looking to plan a layout for Gu10 Kosnic downlighters in my living room, for mood lighting.
Good luck with that. Downlighters are NOT mood lights.
Sorry but you can get very moody trying to fit the things. ;)

For the OP probably 8 lights minimum assuming your ceiling rose light staying in situ. Worked on the basis of first row of lights 500mm from corners then 1000mm in each direction. For the kitchen using the same principle, 12-15 lights.

If you do the work in the kitchen remember it is notifiable.

BTW 8 lights at 50w per light = 400w
15 lights at 50w per light = 750w - no need for a toaster ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.
Mood lighting may be the wrong term lol, I want to break up the room in different zones & thought it best this way.
They are 5w Led so definetely wont by planning to do any cooking with them :D
ricicle why so down on Kosnic?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back