How much £ to service my much loved old boiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask again: What do YOU think he should have charged?

FYI, when someone asks about a job, by the end of page one, normally someone has asked where they are, so they can assist/offer their skills.
That doesn't appear to have occurred yet:)
See my reply to YOU #27..I swear some folk on here are high

No need for me to give anymore details other than what I originally asked. As far as I can see only 1 person has given me a coherent reply..

Okay, fair enough. So your getting your pants a bit twisted over a fiver?

Sponsored Links
What makes me laugh (cry maybe)...
Is that people seem to accept quite frankly ludicrous charges from the likes of solicitors etc (who sit there polishing a seat with their a*se all day) and will charge maybe 30-50 plus to make a phone call, but seem to have it in for fully trained engineers (who probably took as long to train as a solicitor), who actually knuckle down, get dirty and do actual physical work, as well as using the grey matter?

It's all wrong........

Yet again you think the amount charged is the amount earnt. Fool.
You're coming across as a bit slippery if you don't mind me saying. If you're paid on a paye salary do you take home what you earn?
Everyone has deductions, fella.

And some have costs to deduct before they're personal deductions. Slippery has nothing to do with it.
Tell me..If you worked say at Tesco (shelf stacking) and lived 30mins away by car. Would Tesco pay your traveling cost or contribute anything towards the maintenance and running cost of your car?

You really don't have a clue do you?
I was self employed in a different trade for some time. I just gave up in the end due to planks like you.
Such planks now just get charged MORE, as we as a reasonably sized company with quite a few staff and a large premises have high overheads, which has to be reflected in charges.

You just don't seem to understand how business works, either self employed or as a company - you really are a prime example of a complete and utter cretin.
There will just never be pleasing some people.
I understand perfectly, unlike some..Of course you have expenses/running cost and I know full well I'd be billed for traveling time too.

Where have I said otherwise?

..So you couldn't cut it on your own?...How is that anyone else's fault?... You shouldn't be blaming others for your problems..

Sponsored Links
As far as I can see only 1 person has given me a coherent reply..

And so who was that then?
Just had a quick skim through the thread, can't see it now so assume someone deleted it for some bizarre reason.

They mentioned what work a proper service entailed iirc. Which is what I asked for as I would like to know what is it I could expect as a paying customer.

Not being unreasonable was I?

Edit apologies post #20 by holty..

Last edited by a moderator:
@wrangler,

I cut it on my own for a very long time thanks...
However, I got to the point in the end that I just could not be bothered with dealing with those like you and having to explain the same thing over and over - it becomes really tedious.

You just said that you understand perfectly well. If that's the case, why all the questions and the "inference" that the lady was ripped?

@wrangler,

I cut it on my own for a very long time thanks...
However, I got to the point in the end that I just could not be bothered with dealing with those like you and having to explain the same thing over and over - it becomes really tedious.

You just said that you understand perfectly well. If that's the case, why all the questions and the "inference" that the lady was ripped?
Theres a lot of this blaming and accusing and twisting things round going on towards me...What have i fookin done or said?

We're the paying customer. We're entitled to know ffs. :whistle:

Seriously .

She was charged £50 for 30mins of the guys time. He ripped her off plain and simple..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back