How much £ to service my much loved old boiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day we're talking about a device that simply 'heats water'. It's not an aeroplane or a car train or bus that lifes depend on. It's not rocket science.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-32194305
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rns-suspected-gas-explosion-ripped-house.html

nah no rocket science involved at all. this is more like a rocket. and no gas needed either,

you could try pimlico
http://www.pimlicoplumbers.com/charges

Sponsored Links
Yet again you think the amount charged is the amount earnt. Fool.
You're coming across as a bit slippery if you don't mind me saying. If you're paid on a paye salary do you take home what you earn?
Everyone has deductions, fella.

And some have costs to deduct before they're personal deductions. Slippery has nothing to do with it.
Tell me..If you worked say at Tesco (shelf stacking) and lived 30mins away by car. Would Tesco pay your traveling cost or contribute anything towards the maintenance and running cost of your car?

Yet again you think the amount charged is the amount earnt. Fool.
You're coming across as a bit slippery if you don't mind me saying. If you're paid on a paye salary do you take home what you earn?
Everyone has deductions, fella.

And some have costs to deduct before they're personal deductions. Slippery has nothing to do with it.
Tell me..If you worked say at Tesco (shelf stacking) and lived 30mins away by car. Would Tesco pay your traveling cost or contribute anything towards the maintenance and running cost of your car?

gas engineers have magic fairies that fly backwards and forwards fetching spares from the wholesalers, tesco have eddie stobart, unfortunately we all pay tesco who pay eddie stobart. eddie stobart has a bigger house than any of the fairies i employ.

Sponsored Links
If you worked at Tesco you might hope to get more than 30 mins work at a time. If they employed you in 30 mins shifts you might need to seriously consider your travel costs.

And if you were Tesco HQ, you would have to allow for the cost of employing you, in terms of admin, uniform, tax, NI, heating, personnel, H&S, training, insurance, management.

All things you seem to have conveniently ignored but we have to pay before we turn up... it's called overheads, and until you've run your own company you could never imagine how much that takes out of your supposed earnings.

So I'm probably wasting my breath.

Do Tesco's lower the cost of their beans for the little old lady?

Do they flock.
No they don't obviously. But they are very up front with what they charge. They're also realistically and competitively priced.

Unlike some.. :whistle:

The tit who mugged off the old lady seemed to have a gambling addiction but that seemingly wasn't a concern. He just simply factored it in to the price lol..Nice work if you can get it..

A very clever business man indeed..I hope he is a one off! :whistle:

Umm you maybe right. He could be working there fixing the boiler. Must be a WB ****ebox, as It breaks down every fookin day..

Hmmmm. And yet when you slated the cooker guy, you made no mention of client dissatisfaction withh the work completed - apart from the £££'s. And he wasn't even makimg a particularly "ggod" wage.
Huh? She was dissatisfied with what he charged her, thought that was abundantly clear. So you think £40 for 30 mins of this mans time is ok? That's roughly £500 a day!

That old lady earning a basic state pension of £115 wk has to live on that for about a month!

I ask again: What do YOU think he should have charged?

FYI, when someone asks about a job, by the end of page one, normally someone has asked where they are, so they can assist/offer their skills.
That doesn't appear to have occurred yet:)

Dan, the guy is a Barclays. He's happy in his own little world. Not worth your time.
Dan seems to have plenty of spare time. He's on here 24/7 by the looks.

Tbh I'm quite expecting an invoice off him for his 'advice' :whistle:

I ask again: What do YOU think he should have charged?

FYI, when someone asks about a job, by the end of page one, normally someone has asked where they are, so they can assist/offer their skills.
That doesn't appear to have occurred yet:)
See my reply to YOU #27..I swear some folk on here are high

No need for me to give anymore details other than what I originally asked. As far as I can see only 1 person has given me a coherent reply..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back