How much does EON want to install a smart meter

You’ll be able to put them off until April easily just by ignoring their letters and phone calls.
EDF have been on at me for at least a year to get mine replaced!
At first I just said I don’t want one, then I said can we wait until my building work was complete, then I said I was working away. Now they’re telling me they HAVE to change it because my one has reached the end of its serviceable life, of which I know is a load of rubbish but not sure how to go about that one!

They’re so desperate they even made an appointment without my say so. Turned up, no one was in. I got home from work to a note ‘call me before 15:00 so I can come back to change your meter’

I’m now considering changing supplier to get them off my back.

Sponsored Links
Out property was previously supplied by Eon. In the first month I was with them (before switching), they regularly called or e-mailed telling me I needed to get it done. The lady speaking to me was bamboozled by my questions as they didn't fit into the script so she just kept repeating herself.

Switched to EDF (better rates at the time) and they only asked me once if I was happy with having one to which I replied 'no'.

If any of your insist on going to the big 6, it's a theme you'll come up against - they're under obligation from the govt to fund, and roll out, smart meters. If you go to a smaller supplier you wont get hounded. Don't get me wrong, you're still PAYING for one, as they're priced in to the price of electric and you can bet it's not the small guy that influences the price (nor for that matter, generates the power)

Nozzle

Out property was previously supplied by Eon. In the first month I was with them (before switching), they regularly called or e-mailed telling me I needed to get it done. The lady speaking to me was bamboozled by my questions as they didn't fit into the script so she just kept repeating herself.
It's strange how experiences vary.

I've been with E.ON for many years. I get plenty of e-mails from them (but never any calls that I recall), but none have so far mentioned smart meters. About a year ago, they undertook a 'routine replacement' of my meter, which they replaced with a non-smart one, and the possibility (let alone 'necessity') of changing to a smart meter was not even mentioned at that time.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
It's strange how experiences vary.

That's very strange.

I've been with E.ON for many years. I get plenty of e-mails from them (but never any calls that I recall), but none have so far mentioned smart meters. About a year ago, they undertook a 'routine replacement' of my meter, which they replaced with a non-smart one, and the possibility (let alone 'necessity') of changing to a smart meter was not even mentioned at that time.

Precis - I'm an EON customer with a normal meter fitted about a year ago, smart meters have never been mentioned.

NB - 75% of waffling nonsense removed and replaced by nothing.

So, I look at diynot and again the usual culprit is being strange. I'm too scared now to offer any advice. I'll check again in a while. In my humble opinion, he should have had a BAN years ago.

If any of your insist on going to the big 6, it's a theme you'll come up against - they're under obligation from the govt to fund, and roll out, smart meters.
The advertising is getting more and more desperate. In some areas less than 20% of people they pushed them at actually said OK.

They wouldn't ban him, without this forum he's nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ban-all-sheds and mwatsonxx now barred from this thread.
MOD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back