How much experience to be considered a Time Served Painter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How much experience to be considered a Time Served Painter?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would take the expression to indicate a completed apprenticeship - with paperwork

I would take the expression to indicate a completed apprenticeship - with paperwork
Do/did they do apprenticeships in painting? My motor mechanic apprenticeship took four years which included a 6 month block release to college, weekly day release for a couple of years after that, skills testing at a National skills testing centre, City & Guilds technical examinations, apprentice log book etc etc.

It's nothing to do with that. It's a qualification requirement on job applications. I'm just trying to get a job.

In my mind, if you have to ask, it means you're not time served.

If you think you're good, still apply though. Tell them you've done x amount of painting, reliable, turn up on time etc. Ask if they want to trial you for a day, and if they think you're rubbish send you home. Won't work if they need you to have cscs etc, but maybe they would train you up.

In my mind, if you have to ask, it means you're not time served.

If you think you're good, still apply though. Tell them you've done x amount of painting, reliable, turn up on time etc. Ask if they want to trial you for a day, and if they think you're rubbish send you home. Won't work if they need you to have cscs etc, but maybe they would train you up.
That's what I figured. Can't hurt to try. And I got my labourers CSCS a few days ago, so at least if they're willing, they wouldn't be breaking the law.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back