How much space do I need to leave for scaffold around my house?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having scaffold erected around the house this week and am clearing up for their access.
I realised I don't know what width gap to clear along each wall.
I'll try to contact them but am trying to get as much done tonight as I can

Sponsored Links
2 metres at bare minimum, probably best to clear as much as possible to make it easier.
Is that including support struts - sorry don't know the proper name but the ones out at an angle?

Thanks. I've heavy stuff by one section of the wall so while the rest is easy to clear I am trying to save time and effort on that bit!

Is that including support struts - sorry don't know the proper name but the ones out at an angle?

Thanks. I've heavy stuff by one section of the wall so while the rest is easy to clear I am trying to save time and effort on that bit!
Outriggers will be wider, but only need a small area to sit on, and only a few needed.

Sponsored Links
Ours was 1.2m all around, no outriggers as it was all the way around the house, so self-supported

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back