How much to build a house ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How much to build a three bedroom house and detached garage ?

middle range quality, decent standard but not luxurious.

west yorkshire area land not included ?

I know the answer just wondered what peoples opinions were I was quiet surprised when i got told by a manager of a company that build estates of up to thirty houses.

Sponsored Links
I am completely guessing.

But I am going to say, with materials and workmanship, 60-80k, maybe as little as 30-40k if it's part of a large site rather than a one-off using the cheapest methods (edit, by cheapest methods I don't mean low quality, just sensible shopping and some off-site construction).

So if someone guesses right, what do we win?

All depends which route your going down. Using subbies and doing a bit of diy can save thousands, whereas using a building company could cost thousands more
Could cost anywhere between £800 - £1350 per sq m of area the footprint of the building covers. ;) ;)

I am completely guessing.

But I am going to say, with materials and workmanship, 60-80k, maybe as little as 30-40k if it's part of a large site rather than a one-off using the cheapest methods (edit, by cheapest methods I don't mean low quality, just sensible shopping and some off-site construction).

So if someone guesses right, what do we win?

About 65 K ! that was roughly the cost for the builder all finished, Labour materials the lot ...............I was surprised it was so low.

Sponsored Links
I'll build you one for 50,000. Or 62,000 if you want it done quickly. As long as you keep the design nice and simple without too many fancy features.

I was surprised it was so low.

Take away the price of a plot, and most of the price is labour and not materials.

British builders are typically rubbish, haphazard, and won't learn any better "because it's always been done this way".

I'd say that deserves a low price.

This the general guide is 2/3rds of the house value, or it was when my brother built his in 2008.

How much to build a three bedroom house and detached garage ?

middle range quality, decent standard but not luxurious.

Are you talking about a one off or multiples?

I know how much it costs too.

I know what a garage costs.

And a bathroom.

And a kitchen

And a downstairs toilet.

I also know that very deep foundations and drains can cost £15,000.

The price of £65k could not be more irrelevant or ambiguous if it were painted grey. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back