How much to finish downstairs cloakroom please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small downstairs cloakroom that needs finishing off. The toilet is plumbed in, the floor is finished and waste pipes and water supply are in place. I need someone to fit the sink(supplied), to plaster an area 80x50cm approx, box in pipes and tile walls up to height of about 1 meter. The room is about 104x80cm. Had a quote of £450 to do the work and haggled him down to £400. Is this about right? Still sounds a bit much. Any comments much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Difficult to say without seeing it or knowing the size; the tiling alone would set you back between £20 - £35 sq/m by someone who actually knows what they are doing &, although a small area, a plasterer will set you back £150 - £200/day; but you shouldn’t be plastering areas your going to tile. Plaster has a weight limit for tiling which can be a problem with large/heavy tiles & you should wait 10-28 days (depending how thick it is) for the plaster to dry out before tiling or there is a real risk the tiles will fall off! & then there’s fitting the sink but you don't say what type.

I think it's a fair price for that lot which has to be a couple of days work at least + plastering/tiling materials & ancillaries; pay peanuts & you’ll generally get monkeys!

Sponsored Links
Oooohh oooohh
I will do it for abunch of bannanas!!
Cloakrooms are a pain in the Arris, cant generally move in them its always more awkward i would have charged £600 i wouldnt budge on the price!
Stop moaning and get him in the lively!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back