HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO EXTEND -Please advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1. dormer loft with shower room

2. kitchen ext - 16-7 x 10 -1

3. second story - basically i am extending a room on the kitchen - 9-4 x 7-4

4. convert bath room into a bed room and then create a new bath room 6-5 x 5-4 between the extend room and the front room.

5. plaster the the whole house and fully furnish including tiles and etc.

If some can tell me how much is point 1, 2, and 3 will cost as a guide?

see diagrams of ext

Sponsored Links
unfortunately there are so many variables
your best course off action is to ask 3 local builders to quote then theres your average

some one may give a very rough guess if your location restrictions [like parking limited access] and other relevant information can be given

To have gone to all the trouble of having plans drawn but not have first inquired ino the cost is unusual.

My guess would be between £10000 and £100000

Here is a tip, when you have plans drawn, ask whoever draws them how much it is likely to cost to build his design - after all he should know what he is designing

Sponsored Links
Take your plans to the local builders merchant, they will calculate all materials you need, then you can have a general idea for labour. :)

Take your plans to the local builders merchant, they will calculate all materials you need
:LOL: After they pick themselves up off the floor from laughing too much you mean!
I was surprised to learn some time ago that Travis Perkins actually does offer this service for free. A developer friend of mine always uses it for his new builds & gets a bill of costed quantities. My guess is that it’s restricted to active account holders only but don’t know for sure & it does require rather more than a "fag packet" sketch. I doubt you’d have much luck as “joe public punter” but you never know! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back