How much work in adding inhibitor to CH system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A leak in the pipework installed by the CH installers from hell that has been dripping for over 3 months has finally been located and rectified.

However, the CH installers from hell refuse to add any inhibitor to the system even though i've lost gallons of water over the months and had to refill/repressurise the system dozens of times.

So, i'll be calling on the services of a proper heating engineer/plumber to simply add a decent amount of inhibitor to the system.

How much effort is this, how long would it take and how much disruption is it likely to cause?

Sponsored Links
depends on the system but not hard job but can be time consuming depending on system set up

8 radiators, sealed system, WB 30CDi gas-fired boiler. I'm just after the work and effort involved to compare against what i'm going to be charged.

The simplest method IMO (wait for it) is to isolate two rads at different parts of the system and drain off the water from those rads and use a funnel to introduce liquid inhibitor after removing one of the top plugs. Refill in the usual way and vent air and run the heating to circulate the water.
Others may use a cartridge based product but me.....I'm old school.
Do it your self and save a quid or two.

Sponsored Links
just out of interest why did the installers refuse to add some?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back