How much would you charge for doing Fred's job?

his drawings were fantastic. Only thing that really put me off those programs, was when someone was talking to him, he would constantly be going aye, aye, aye ,aye. once you notice it, its so annoying!

One of a kind

Sponsored Links
Yeah he always used to say if he was working up a chimney, he'd stick to a couple of pints at lunchtime :LOL:

Personally, I down a bottle of vodka at around 8:00 am, and hope to hell I was comatose for the rest of the day. Feel sick looking at the vids.

Shame he died fairly young but I guess what with smoking and the toxins that the chimneys et al he dealt with didn't do him much good.

Used to throw stones at him, as he couldn't hear me,machinery' always come up and let me in, had is problems, neighbours mainly cos, er't noise wi't chuffin, we see fred as an original, but he owned a few sthill saws that went missing, and i got them back for him, my claim to fame. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Climbing up and down is a major venture ! Putting the ladders up and removing them is quite another, especially around the overhang...

BTW Fred attended art school for a while during his early years.

--

In answer to the original question ... Couldn't do it ... Nope ... Not even if my life depended on it!

That Alain fella isn't clever though he's just a mad tw@t ... Fred did it for a living not to be clever.

I loved the old Dibnah series ... A real pleasure to watch ... "It's goin ... The bu@@ers goin ... Did you like that?" ... Priceless!

Made me feel sick just watching him :LOL:

MW

As i say you dont fall over walking on a pavement so why would i up high. Could do it but would be feked at end of day as i always forget some tool or other .
But he certainly was one of a kind in his generation.

Perhaps the weighty chimney with overhangs was constructed as below?

In Devonport stands a commemorative granite column privately built in celebration of the town's renaming, 'twas supposed to support a statue of King George IV - but the builder ran out of money - a recession they say !
Anyway here is the column - 124 feet in height from roadway to upper plinth or is that abacus? The latter comprising four granite blocks weighing 3 to 4 tons each, lifted by the derrick shown ...... Not a wonderful picture / engraving of the column but does the job.
Devonport_column.png
Lifter.jpg

Info. from Minutes of proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers (Great Britain)
Click for the book - Page 209

Blimey we really used to be pretty good !
:rolleyes:

So Derek put `em up and Fred knocked `em down...... Aye

As i say you dont fall over walking on a pavement so why would i up high. Could do it but would be feked at end of day as i always forget some tool or other .
But he certainly was one of a kind in his generation.
Because vertigo has little effect when you're standing on the pavement but can be quite debilitating up high :LOL:

I suffer from a fear of heights and one of the manifestations is an overwhelming desire to leap off (as I'm sure a few on here would encourage :LOL: ).

I've learned to overcome it and have never let it get in the way of doing what I want but it's always there nonetheless.

Whenever I go up ladders the problem I have is that my hands quickly tire because I grip the damn thing so tightly and, when I get to the top, I'm pretty f***ing useless as I have no free hands to do anything with ;)

Fear is a wonderful thing

MW

Keep the staff of life in one hand .Fix your eyes on Heaven.Get a grip. That is the sermon for today .......Aye. Did you like that :?:

its not the height that scares me, not even the falling.

its the hitting the floor that bothers me...

Sponsored Links
Back