HOW MUCH??????????????

if you want the best quality picture use a component lead (not composit)
y+pr+gb or something like that &set the dvd player to output progressive scan,s-video is a good picture as it seperates the chrominence and luminence but will only output video not audio.i think thats right anyway off the top of my head :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Ahhhh, we had a discussion about this relatively recently. Scart does carry component video, in the form of RGB video, and this has been in the scart spec for 20 years or so. The reason the new component video system has come out, is that in the US they never had scart but instead have a fetish for RCA phono jacks. Like so many things before (e.g. mobile phones) they have finally caught up with Europe but couldn't possibly implement our system so came up with their own.

In fact, the newer system has a reduced bandwidth over the RGB system, which offers no real benefits over RGB. The TV has to decode the Y Pb Cr signal into an RGB signal in order to display it.

However, the advantage of the new system is that high-definition TV systems use it.

So, the Y Pb Cr (or whatever) system only gives you a benefit over an RGB scart if you have an HDTV (which people in the UK won't really have just yet) or a progressive-scan display (which more people have, but still very few!)

Problem is chaps, you have to watch everything twice, first time to set all the little fudge factors then a second time to bask in the glory of the creation .... Trouble is, everyone else has bu##ered off down the pub getting into some reality shifting !!
:cry:

Sounds like I need to get up to date on this new fangled stuff. How do I connect a scart to my radio ? Plug it into the crystle or wire it into the cat's whisker ?

Sponsored Links
Hack the end off the scart lead, solder a couple of the wires (does not matter which) to a 3.5 mono jack and stuff it into the earpiece socket.

JOKE, BTW!!

It's only a f'kin tv or sound polluter !!!
Chuck it and spend the money on a pension -- do you more good !!

BTW Saw Bridgette step out of Jacuzzi last PM ---- jeeze --- better shape than old Jordan !!!

P

and what use is all that top quality oxygen free copper Scart lead when the plugs on the end are crap quality and soldered to the PCB?
Best stick to BNC and XLR Plugs for quality!

Gullible Brits and their dosh are easily separated -- hence the 'must have' debt !!
;)

Exactly Pip! If you are going to that much bother in wasting your dosh then to get any benefit out of it you might as well go the whole hog and spend thousands on a Grade 1 Broadcast quality monitor to watch on.

Sponsored Links
Back