How old is this kitchen?

Try paying what you assess to be "fair rent", and see what happens

Oh yeah, and what happens when they evict him for non payment of the rent. Come on Brigadier, you're normally more sensible than that.

Sponsored Links
The op knows his personal circumstances, and this may be a workable option that they have not considered.
They can weigh it against your advice, and make their own judgement :)

The op knows his personal circumstances, and this may be a workable option that they have not considered.
They can weigh it against your advice, and make their own judgement :)

The OP has not said how long they have been living in the property, did they complain about the state of the kitchen when they moved in or did they just accept the situation and the rent at the time,

cant see that being much of a workable solution.

The OP has not said how long they have been living in the property, did they complain about the state of the kitchen when they moved in or did they just accept the situation and the rent at the time,

My point exactly. If we all wait for the OP's life story before offering any advice whatsoever, I doubt anyone would proffer up enough to get any.

Sponsored Links
I've got visions of oiled-up 'clients' waiting in line to use the microwave, so that they can heat their Pot Noodle during the mid-session massage break.:sneaky:

You do not heat Pot Noodles in the microwave. The foil lids are not suitable for microwave heating.

Don't ask me how I know that.

i am pretty sure it is older than 20 years, I have seen kitchen in council houses 22 years ago that looked far more modern than this one, including my own Hygena kitchen 25 tears ago still somewhat does not look too out of date, made of solid American Oak, even now it is in excellent condition and does not merit replacing unless I have money to just throw and follow modern trend of wider units with larger drawers. My guess would be that it is about 30 years old like 1985-1990 era.

If assuming the kitchen is still original when the building was first made, that may give you some clues.

Thanks for the comments. Don't microwave a pot noodle, got it. I'd also advise not eating pop tarts straight out of the toaster!

Just thought I'd update. Those who guessed 1980s may well be right! My mrs found this stamp on some of the batons holding the kitchen units up. Photo is a bit poor as you have to climb under the sink, but it says 14 Nov 1984! Pretty sure the company made the 2002 installation date up now!

Attachments

• IMG_7750.JPG
    IMG_7750.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
Back