Toilet blocked with kitchen tissue's

Lift the toilet seat and fill the toilet up to the brim with hot water and keep it topped up this will normally unblock a toilet like this, it can take up to 20 minutes or use:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monument-...DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash=item5af823882f

Don't use a wire coat hanger or you will scratch the bowl.

Andy

I once scratched my own toilet bowl using a coat hanger and was expecting bid trouble from my partner but interestingly, the marks disappeared after a few hours.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
This won't solve the unblocking problem, but would it be permissible to ask;

(a) why was the roll thrown in the toilet in the first place?

(b) why did you not pull it out initially?

(c) if you flushed it to avoid putting your hand in the pan, how did it get round the trap?
(c)(i) did you seriously think a roll of kitchen towel could be just flushed away?

bit late for that ^ i used a big pop bottle with the bottom cut off once(lid on!) and the time before my mate came round who does it every day, he had a stick with a disk on and he just went mad for 5 seconds and cleared it

Sponsored Links
i didnt get anything on me it was only to create the suction at the business side of the u bend. kitchen roll really is tough though, i can imagine plenty putting up a good fight. im just picturing the peter kay joke about hob nob biscuits lol

I am not an expert on these things, but I would have thought that anyone with an IQ of more than 3 would have realized that one cannot stick a roll of 'Plenty' down the toilet and expect to flush it away.

The ladies are of course advised not to dispose of feminine care products down the toilet. Again, I am not an expert in these matters so I consulted my partner. She confirmed that there are no feminine hygiene products that are as long as, or as great in diameter as, a roll of kitchen towel.

It therefore seems to me an act of gross stupidity to put a roll of kitchen towel down the pan and, with one simple flush, to expect it to go merrily on its way to the treatment plant.

The mop and a plastic bag idea, is the one to follow.
The plastic bag helps form a waterproof seal and keeps the mop soil free.

i didnt get anything on me it was only to create the suction at the business side of the u bend. kitchen roll really is tough though, i can imagine plenty putting up a good fight. im just picturing the peter kay joke about hob nob biscuits lol

Ah see, when you said you 'used it' I thought it must have taken some leg strength to squat over something like that for the duration.... :D

Maybe the op misheard the advert and thought it said 'one sheet needs plenty (of tissue)' in a spanish accent.

i know how easily kitchen roll can block up a bog but when you gotta go....

as an aside
probably not applicable in this case but well worth mentioning
at the point 2 or more households share a drain its then your water company or housing trusts responsibility to sort out the problem

We have a manhole in our garage, into which next door's poopipe (OK, I'm a spark, not a plumber) comes.

Does that mean the point at which their poopipe joins ours is United Utilities responsibility?

Sponsored Links
Back